Sunday, March 19, 2023

Tom's Sisters of Battle: Month Three - Troopers (290 points)



March's effort is more Sisters!
I seem to have painted all replicates from last month...

 Loved painting this model - I especially like the pink hair and the glowing buttons on the gun.๐Ÿ‘‡




A standard trooper, and actually: this version was the first version of this sculpt I painted - and I should have swapped her with the one I posted in January. I feel they both came out as good as each other though๐Ÿ‘‡




Maybe she's battling some flying creatures or something? Anyway, I was pleased her eyes came out better this second time around  ๐Ÿ‘‡




Another purple haired warrior... A bit of a struggle on this one, for some reason. I liked painting it, but it's not come out quite how I wanted - maybe a little rushed. ๐Ÿ‘‡




I love this sculpt too! I feel this paint is an improvement on the last one - especially the gun. For some reason I went with super tiny cheques on the shoulder... I'm fortunate that the lighting seems spot on in the pic!๐Ÿ‘‡




Here's another model which I should have swapped with last month's, as I painted this one first. I'm pleased that the one I posted for January came out better, what with all those photos an' all that - although in hindsight I probably should shy away from painting the fingers as skin rather than armoured! ๐Ÿ‘‡




A model I painted this month which is really hard to distinguish from the Sister from last month, as I seem to have painted them almost identically!๐Ÿ‘‡




This Sister might have seen too much...๐Ÿ‘‡


Running for cover, or running for to attacc?๐Ÿ‘‡


A Sister toting a... bomb launcher. I like the stripy bomb-grenades :)๐Ÿ‘‡


Again, I chickened out of tackling the flagellants, but did paint up the the next closest thing - which is this Imperial Preacher. I was toying with trying to fit some cheques in, maybe around the hood collar but... no dice. Maybe I should have painted the sleeve ends a different colour also, or added some kind of scripture somewhere there, but he is done enough for me! 
I really like how his skin came out, and the blue/green on the sigil he's holding๐Ÿ‘‡


An Officer of the Fleet. A nice change from all that red. Usually I struggle a bit with blue, but I feel it's turned out well, and I think his face is my best painted yet. When I was painting him, he reminded me of Peter Cushin, or maybe Patrick Stewart...๐Ÿ‘‡

I've also gone and added some cherubs to the pile! Here they are with a kinda timestamp - next to the tank that I've started (although probably in the wrong colour. I think the tank should be green, considering the Sisters weapons are all green. However, it's now blue...) We'll just gloss over the fact that these GW sculpts are super new!



Here's two of the floaty boi's. I love them, so I couldn't not paint one up straight away for this post! They'll be used to plug any holes in the movement trays or flesh out units๐Ÿ‘‡


You can also see a very super mild hint of what's to come next month in this pic ๐Ÿ‘‡


Here's a pic of them all together, and fully varnished:



Anyhow, here's the usual links back to the preceding months, and a monthly breakdown.
Cheers!

Intro: Army List - link
Month One - Leader: link
Month Two - Troopers: link

Month Three - Troopers: 
   140...   Five Sisters of Battle
   140... Five Sisters of Battle
   10... One Preacher
   Free... One Office of the Fleet 
   Free... Two Cherubs
   

   Total: 290 points


See youse next month :)

14 comments:

  1. Great job! Gotta love the Rainbow hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are brilliant! I love the purple hair, and the one that looks 'rushed' to you looks excellent to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you - nuts how perception works! I 'can't see the wood for the trees' :)

      Delete
  3. Incredible work as ever! The sister with the oversize melta is my favourite :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work again! I like the colour schemes and the models a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all brilliant! The sisters are so striking, each one a fiery individual. And the preacher and officer just add more depth. Superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you G! Hopefully a big steppa next month :)

      Delete
  6. Brilliant colour choices, as ever. I expect my take on the same miniatures will be much more dowdy, when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be looking forward to seeing them! ๐Ÿ‘Š

      Delete
  7. I feel that every iteration of your paintjob keeps improving and this squad is supercool with all the small details here and there, specially the checkers. Also love the contrast in the rusty bronze of the cherub wings, especially on the first one. Amazing update!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog