Monday, February 5, 2024

Mustafa’s Beakies: Month 1, rank and file

I figured I’d get the ball rolling with the bread and butter of the Imperium’s fighting force, the ever humble space marine :)










Tactical Squad : 300pts

Krak Grenades : 30pts

Veteran Sergeant: 5pts

Chainsword :  2pts

Plasma Pistol : 5pts

Missile Launcher : 45pts

Meltagun : 8pts (ignore the fact that it looks like a las cannon!)


Rhino : 50pts


Total : 445pts


I wanted something I could paint quickly and easily so I went with a simple two colour paint scheme. I chose off white as the primary colour as it lends itself well to Army Painter Quickshades, and I prefer shading to highlighting. As per usual I went with my battleworn style of painting.


Also, I got a 3D printer for Christmas so I’ll be using that for the tanks, and weathering/stippling is a good way of hiding print lines.


I had pre heresy Death Guard in mind when I painted them, but then Laurent put the idea of a Dark Angel successor chapter in my head!!! So for now, let’s just say their loyalty is up for debate ;)



5 comments:

  1. I love your take on the pre Hersey Death Guard and your Rhino is a beauty. As to what chapter they are, it obvious they are blessed by Papa Nurgle. In either case, they would be Traitors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, you might have changed my mind about getting some of these very old Space Marines to add to my own chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. niiiice. I always struggle to paint white - especially dirty white, and you've done a cracking job on these. I like the gold studded shoulderpads :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that rhino a lot. The 3d printed surface and warworn look work very well together. If you don't mind me asking, what techiques do you use with the weathering in addition to acrylic brushwork?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These kick ass! I love the vintage Marines with your signature grungy look. I agree they could totally work as either pre-Heresy Death Guard or a Dark Angels Successor chapter and I wonder if you might want to use them as either/both when it comes to actual gaming?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog