Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Ben's Alpine Gnomes (276 pts) OWAC VII - Month II


Hail and well met, nerds! Its February, or it was (you're in the future, so its probably some newfangled month like Chrysanthymoon or something,) and after much toiling I can reveal what is perhaps the spiciest model in the Gnome Army (so far!) Without further ado, it is my pleasure to introduce you to Bill the Goose!
 

He's being followed by a (very patient) giant, but if you asked him, Bill's the star of the show. That crosses off my Wild Card month, and brings our currently painted list to the following strength...

10 crossbows --- 60 points
1 illusionist --- 56 pts
1 alpine giant - 160 points

total 276/1000


A quarter of the way done! Terrific as it is, there's no time to rest on my laurels. While Bill and his friend are the only model I've completely painted this month, here's a cheeky peek at things to come!


Some half-finished Halberdiers, who I couldn't quite push out this month. It turns out time management is more crucial than coat quality, and since I don't want to shirk on either, I'm saving these spikes for another month.


Having looked at my original list (it'd been stopping up a hole in my boot,) it occurred to me that my list actually called for 14 crossbows! I rummaged for a bit, but could only find two, and so I've broken out the grey stuff and gotten to it! These are works-in-progress, and once they're done, topping off the unit should be short work indeed! Exclaimation point! 

And with that, I've gotta get back to brushing (painting for the laymen,) so thank you kindly and see you next time!

10 comments:

  1. Bill the Goose is the Champion of OWAC this season and Gnomes are so hot right now. Will you be getting into Blood Bowl with a team? Great month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bill but I'm pretty sure Bill's companion will come in handy too when the orcs arrive! Looking forward to seeing your gnome sculpts when they are finished

    ReplyDelete
  3. A superb addition! Absolutely loving your gnomes - can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautifully unique army! I'm loving seeing it come together. Every army needs a goose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I miss the memo about the poultry theme this year? The wild goose is a nice addition to the very chill looking giant and that only adds to the unique charm of your gnomes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely enjoying the idea of an Alpine Giant following around behinds a very angry goose! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. From one Bill to another - phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *HONK*

    Another vote for Bill to be official OWAC mascot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The giant and his gnome friends look great together. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a monster! and the giant too - cracking job!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog