Saturday, July 13, 2024

Sybou - chaos army- month 6 - Wild card - 66 points

 Hello everyone,

it seems that it's a new year for lots of us where we reached our objective of completing an other Owac.

For my last month, I was willing to complete something really significative for me.

But first, I got to show you my tzeentch Wizard:


This Svodred called the Clever one, I tried to recreate his style in the White Dwarf. It's a really cool miniature, I like the result.

I planned to add  a little diorama on the base but it was to busy so I just put a couple of rocks. You can feel the end of the Owac where you want to complete your miniatures list.


But back to my wild card, here is a little history: 

In the end of 2016, I was planning to make myself a really cool altar, an altar that would make all chaos followers die of envy ...

So I started building it, gathering foam, plastic cards and minis ...

2016: The altar project just starts ...

Then I went on all kind of project and life ... The altar and its parts got put in a box and lots of us forgot about it.

Then Owac 2024, I was watching all the result of my procrastination concerning my chaos army and I remembered ... The altar Project ... Shame went through my body as I realised it was just an other project thrown without finishing it.

By Khorne! This should be no more, I'm going to finish this Project!

And here it is:

8 years later ...

Pulled by some wretches, the Khorne altar incudes a chaos bishop, some crazed summoner with some bloody daemons, a master of discipline and his whip, and a big old school Khorne statue with a little pile of skulls.


The altar stands on a pretty big homemade base. 


I remember that the fact i didn't suceed to make the wretches hold the handle frustrated me. But this time I was like, they're gonna look a bit silly with their hands but I'll finish the project.

I hope you'll appreciate the work put into this piece wich is now, a central piece for my chaos army.

I finished all my miniatures for the Owac but I still have to finish my offering.
May be in the wrap up post, i ll try to add a couple of lunatics in order to conclude on a good note.

Thanks you all for your kind words through this year Owac, reading and watching all our photos.

Take care everyone and congratulations to everyone.



Cheers,

                                                                                                                                            Sybou 

7 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! What a finish!

    The Tzeentch Wizard is great, and I totally hear you when it comes to the end of the OWAC and sacrificing basing detail for getting more minis finished. I love the fact you resurrected such an epic old project for this years OWAC. Great detail and choice of minis. I really wouldn't worry about the wretches, I don't think I would have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. Top stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an incredibly epic project, I'm really gald that you've gone back and finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This chaos altar is glorious !!!! What a fantastic project, you did very well indeed !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you managed to finish the long forgotten altar! It looks amazing, don't worry about the hands

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eight years in the making - how apt for such an alter!
    Brilliant finish to your OWAC - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog