Thursday, November 30, 2017

Arjen's Teringleijer's Brothers and sisters; Unit of Beestmannen (205pts)

Teringleijer is a Level 5 Beastman Hero (65 points) and is accompanied by 13 of his brothersand sisters and personal standard bearer Zuurbakkus (13*10 plus 10=140) for a total of 205 points. They have 29 eyes among the 14 of them for an average of 2.07 eyes per person.


Teringleijer and Zuurbakkus

Apart from One-eye all of the beastmen a pre slotta C38 beastmen and Citadel Runequest broo. The first thing I noted painting these is that I sprayed the primer on too coarsely resulting in a grainy surface. I might have to strip some of my primer but unpainted minis . Then again, as warriors of Nurgle they don't have to have a smooth finish.

Ready to despoil the lands and cough all over your dinner.
I never have been a detailed painter, mostly doing batch jobs and (speed) painting in bulk, I want to be able to play with them. hence my entrances will pale in comparison with all the others on this blog.
Pony-boy, Teringleijer, Zuurbakkus and Paarsbuik
I tried to maintain some unit coherence by using a somewhat limited palette while varying individual skin/fur color. I started with black primer, some light yellow/white dry-brushing and a red wash as a start for all of them, I wanted the mean color of this unit be yellowish orange and flesh.


The second rank, this is what you would see if you wanted to attack them from the rear but they noticed you and all turned around.
This unit contains one of my favorite beastmen: pony-boy, the unfortunate quadruple hoofed, hairless runt. He's such an aberration that he makes most of the other beastmen in this unit look normal, regardless of wings, trunks, bulbous or multiple heads.


From left to right: front; Geelzucht, Pony-boy, The Tweeling and part of Teringleijer. back: One-eye, Roodvonk, Sijs (mostly hidden behind the Tweeling) and Grauw. 

It has been a pleasure painting these. For December I'm still contemplating tackling the other beastman unit or possibly (given the amount of days I'm not home this month) my 6 Marauders.

9 comments:

  1. Love the choice of models, they all look like freaks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these models. Proper oldhammer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours and very characterful minis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its the first time I see pre-slotta beastmen, and they look awesome! They are more than oldhammer... palaeohammer!? ;-) And very nicely painted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's some seriously cool lead. Very well painted too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! I think they look good and the whole purpose of this thing is to get an army actually painted. So you achieved both very well. You need more light in your photos and/or a non white background. Your camera is trying to split the difference in white balance and making everything look dark. If you're going for true High Key photography the white background should be blown out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll experiment with different backgrounds and lighting.

      Delete
  7. God I love seeing this old lead. And really it's lead. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fantastic! Love the yellow skin on Zuurbakkus!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog