Monday, April 27, 2020

Lissanne's Undead- Riders on the Storm (336 pts)


First, let's get the mandatory points unit out of the way.  Here is the last of my 3 units of 20 skeletons.  These fine fellows have helmets, unlike their compatriots and also bat shields, and a last bit of scenery gravestones in back.


And onward to my month of distractions.  Useful distractions, but distractions none the less. ..
Did I do my Catacombs of Terror goal this month?  No.  But I only have 2 figs to go on that, and 2 months left, so I am in good shape.

 Once again, I got distracted by those Death Riders I found in my stash.  I painted 2 because I found 2 riders and here they are.  Looking through the figs for those missing undead dragon parts, I found a rider figure with a misplaced head, and thought a headless rider was perfect!  The other rider had been in the stash.



I intended to do one more death rider, the Zombie of Karr-Keel bandito rider.  But when I finished and cut the tab off, it turned out that the bandito had to go on the OTHER type of horse.  Didn't fit, no way.  The other zombies do fit, I checked all 3 remaining and matched them to horses.  So, he and presumably a friend will be good to go next month.  I love the burnt effect I got on the zombie horse! Points for next month, not this month.


And I got totally distracted by the OSM marginalia beastmen, of which I did six figures.  I chose the two jousters to represent my month of distractions.  I will likely finish the rest next month,   Here they are with a couple of the original marginalia.  But a unit of beastmen allies!  And what beastmen!



The snail and the fighter




And the nun-crow and snail deer



And lastly, my big zero pt contribution-  the Zombie of Karr-Keel plague cart,   I finished the cart I started 2 years ago.   I did do 2 Karr-Keel zombies this month (a goal) plus the horse.   Zero pts, as I already have a plague cart.  But I did  a goal for the month, just not in a useful place.  BTW, don't do lovely freehand on the sides of the cart when the wheels cover it! LOL!






So, as Dirge summons another unit of skeletons out of the ocean depths, she continues to convert the townfolk of Merchant's Reach to her cause.  The forces of Chaos have noticed her and are impressed, and send their aid by altering some of the townsfolk to join her mission-- to destroy her former temple.

So-
20 Skeleton Unit (20 shields, 10 spears) 230 pts
2 Death Riders  23 pts each  46 pts
6 Beastmen allies  60 pts
1 plague cart      0 pts
336 pts  total

Next month a wraith host, and definitely the two zombie riders, and hopefully the other 2 Catacombs of Terror figs and the rest of the marginalia beastmen.  Plus more Karr-Keel zombies. Fingers crossed!

11 comments:

  1. Ah, I love those marginalia dudes. I haven't painted mine yet - I think they'll go on hex bases to use as weird daemonic thingies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They come with handy reference- the original drawings!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Brilliant work, all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The horse drawing the plague cart is horrible (in a good way), and the dearth riders look cracking. In fact, great work all round!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, I really like every single piece, each weirder than the last.
    I never saw hose undead riders, waiting to see all of them finished in one unit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliantly weird and characterful. I can tell you had fun painting all of these and they're fun to look at too. So flippin great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone! I (and everyone in OWAC, I'm sure) appreciates the comments and the fact you are looking! It is a great encouragement to continue high quality output!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super gribbly Zombies and magnificent medieval marginalia! Distractions FTW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog