Monday, April 1, 2024

Tom's Chaos Renegades: Leader month


March: Leader Month!
Lots of Real Life is occurring....
Most usually at the start of every new Old World Army Challenge, I paint the leader straight away and save it for later, just in case. 
I managed to paint another few extras in February, and put a load of basecoat down on a few more, so this month I've only had to paint one model from scratch which has really saved me.

Anyhow, cracking on!

This old Inquisitor πŸ‘‡ provides an excellent host for the army leader to manifest itself in πŸ™‚ I'm really pleased with how the demon sword came out.





This cranky ol' sorcerer from another time... πŸ‘‡
This model was exchanged with the excellent Liam (highland_painting). I swapped some 2nd ed Goff orks for this and a load of fantasy chaos. (Head swap included).

I'm not particularly enamoured with the paint on this one. I tried to go for an Undivided look, but it hasn't really worked out. The flames especially. I should have stuck with the single tongued flames rather than trying the forked look. But, either way, he's done and remains a reminder to stick to the painting scheme (the green robe is an extra colour I picked out. I think I should have stuck with my chosen palette!)





Anyhow, here they are - all the human shaped leaders together. Horus, naturally, is the Overlord (but painted before the Challenge) πŸ‘‡





Keeper of Secrets!πŸ‘‡
So pleased to have finally put some paint on this. I really like how they came out, but I think I should have used purple instead of the green on the arms. Anyway!
The model is sculpt again by Drew Day Williams of Satyr Studio based on art by Tony Ackland. Sadly no longer in production.





Here's a great modelπŸ‘‡ from Knightmare Miniatures. I imagined him to be a newly corrupted marine - maybe a hero or maybe crossing the line into spawn. The blue armour was to set him apart from everyone else and to denote his rogue status πŸ™‚





And here's his decaying counterpart (the models ☝️πŸ‘‡ are sold as a pair). I very much enjoyed painting him, so maybe I'll paint some more nurgle things next month....





I'm pleased that he fits right in with my previously painted plaguebearers πŸ‘‡




And a pic of them both together on their own πŸ€”πŸ‘‡




Chaos frog.
Secretly, this lil' guy holds all the cards...
Available from Alternative Armies: link





And a bonus picture of all my DDW sculpted Greater Demons ❤️!




Tony Ackland art πŸ‘‡ 
Drew's done such an amazing job on the sculpting for these!





Anyhow, that's all for the leader month. I was hoping to get the Army Standard bearer in, but that'll have to wait for now.

On to the Roundup!

....

Intro - army list: link
January - rank and file/Khorne: link
February - rank and file/Tzeentch: link

March : Leaders
91...      Chaos Lord
52...      Sorcerer
Free...   Greater Daemon of Slaanesh 
Free...   Chaos Hero/Spawn
Free...   Nurgle Plaguebearer Champion
Free...   Chaos frog - the True Master.

Total: 143

Cheers for reading, hopefully see you in April for another Rank and File....πŸ‘Š

9 comments:

  1. Your strategy of painting the leader first sounds like a good one. It would take the pressure off from completing months later on and I think I'll adopt it. Really top notch painting too. Especially with the new oldhammer models by Satyr Arts and Knightmare miniatures. The greater daemons are amazing and I have been looking forward to seeing how you paint the Keeper of Secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always your models are more than impressive, you can easily lose yourself admiring all the details

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, YES!! The Drew sculpts are sick and you did them well. I love your colors across your entire month and I really like how you used the OG ]I[nquisitor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The glorious colours continue, and it's great to see your set of Greater Daemons completed. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work !! I bit too flashy/vibrant for me but you made it amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drew sculpts are great but greater with your painting work. Anyway, my favourite of the month is the plaguebearer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really wish I'd bought the Satyr Greater Daemons when I had the chance, but no way would mine have looked as good as this! Fantastic colours as usual, mate. Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work Tom - well worthy of 'Eavy Metal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding paint work mate. Everything is brilliant and I love the traitor marine. I think the Undivided Sorcerer does work, or maybe the green is bringing in a hint of Nurgle? That old Inquisitor has always looked sus to me and he looks completely chaotic in your colour scheme. Fantastic!

    As others have said the DDW sculpts of Tony Ackland's art are brilliant, and these set the standard for how well they can be painted!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog