Monday, May 21, 2018

Sean's Bretonnian Army Wrap-up

Hi All,

Behold the mighty war host of Monfel!

My best Dave Andrews impression.
Well, it wouldn't be my army without untold trials and tribulations. I got it stuck in my head that I had to complete a baggage element and Tom's Chaos War Altar got me wanting to make one of my own, so I did that too. There was a lot of winging it and cursing, but it's done now. I tried to take all the pictures by myself, but wouldn't you know it, my shutter remote control had a dead battery. So I had to enlist my daughter to take the above army pose photo. She asked me if the muslin back drop was for scenery or to hide how messy my hobby room was. What cheek! My answer, of course, both.



On to the Army break down.

Sorry about the blur, I had to have the aperture wide open.
From Left to Right:

20 Brigands, Shield, Light Armor, Hand Weapon, Spear, Standard Bearer, Musician (198 points)

10 Retainers Hand Weapon, Crossbow (80 points)

4 Noblesse D'Epee + 1 Marquis (10th Level Hero)  Heavy Armor, Hand Weapon, Lance, Warhorse (166 points)

1 Amorcier "Holbon Toddlebrew" (5th Level Wizard) (60 points) I painted him as extra during the challenge so he wasn't in my original points tally. I may raise his level as I buff this force to 1500 points.

9 Retainers + 1 Baron (5th Level Hero) Shield, Light Armor, Hand Weapon, Spear (except Baron) (114 points)

Baggage element, 2 horses, cart, baggage stuff, 5 camp followers (Mongeaux, Benoit, Blanche Neige, Louis and Gerard) (0 points)

9 Foot Knights + 1 Baron ( 5th Level Hero) Heavy Armor, Hand Weapon, Standard Bearer (123 points)

War Altar + 2 guards (Maurice and Claude) Heavy Armor, Hand Weapon (66 points)

4 Chevalier D'Honneur + 1 Viscomte (15th Level Hero) Heavy Armor, Hand Weapon,  Lance (215 points)

15 Feudal Levy Hand Weapon, Bow (60 points)

L'Ordonnance 1 Cannon + 3 Crew Hand Weapon (60 points)

1 Amorcier "Mazda" (5th Level Wizard) (60 points) (Same as Holbon)

So my actual (sort of) grand total is 1202 points.

Here is a slightly closer look at the two new items for this month.

Oops, forgot to remove the chair.
 You can see the figures of the baggage more clearly in the background here.


Brothers Maurice and Claude bless our righteous Army. They carry the Goblet, Candle and Skull of a martyred Saint.

It was tough, but I'm done! Thanks for coming along with me on this crazy ride.

14 comments:

  1. Super pretty and colorful. Looking forward to facing off against them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lissanne, the real trick is finding the time to get away for a game.

      Delete
  2. That’s a proper Bretonnian a right there mate. Now I want to include some Bret allies in my challenge for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mus. You should do it, the heraldry can be a fun exercise if you don't have to come up with too much all at once.

      Delete
  3. That. Is. Awesome. There's something about Brettonians among all these fantasy monster armies, I love it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arjen. Bretonnia was on my to do list since I got into the hobby. I'm glad I finally did it.

      Delete
  4. Great work!!!! I'm honored that my war altar inspired you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks tonberryhatechef. Mine is definitely not as cool as yours, but I think I got what I was after, mostly. I would change the proportions some and maybe build it from plasticard instead of balsa in the future.

      Delete
  5. Well done indeed mate. Trials and tribulations aside you must be very pleased with the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millsy, yes it's been a goal of mine since I can remember. I'm glad I switched from Undead as I now have a more reasonable opponent for my Orcs.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on finishing the challenge. You’ve got an awesome looking army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Richard, now just to get it on the table.

      Delete
  7. A truly amazing force! It really comes together once everything is out on the table. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Airborne, I'm thinking of dragging them to CA with me, if I have room in the luggage. I really need to get packing.

      Delete

Search This Blog