Saturday, May 4, 2019

Blue's April Missile Support Detachment (293pts)

Hi all,

Not much to discuss this month...it was a rough one but I'm finally wrapping it up and am very happy with the results.  These guys will represent a much needed boost to the missile support part of my Empire Dwarf Army....as I have found the thunderers to be less than satisfactory in the last few games I've had...

...so to rectify that situation here is a unit of 12 Dwarf Crossbows and a 3-man canon to back up those big pike blocks!

Point Breakdown:
11-Dwarf Crossbows with Light Armor, Xbow and Hand Weapon, incl Musician and Standard: 169 pts

1- 5th level Dwarf Hero, Light Armor, Xbow and Two-handed Axe: 55pts
1-3-Dwarf Canon and Crew: 69pts

Points Total for April: 293 pts

Here is the whole group:



Here is the Canon and crew solo:



Rear rank of Xbows:



And complete Xbow unit.:



See you next month with some more Crosbowmen and additional light artillery support (swivel gun).

Cheers,

Blue

9 comments:

  1. Great work as always. I have that same cannon, but sadly no longer have the human crewmen that came with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pulp the stunties! Oops! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely as always. Where's the standard icon from ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...I'm glad someone noticed that. To be honest with you I don't know exactly...its some kind of small devil pig playing a lute...I'm confident that it is a John Pickford sculpt...but I'm not sure from what range...sorry. I just loved the way it looked and thought it would make a great banner topper for these "hillbilly" dwarf crossbow men. lol

      Delete
  4. Very neat work! I like them very mich

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you pushed these through. I look forward to seeing them on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love how the blue and red pops out on these! A really characterful bunch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome. The dude in the center of the crossbows is one of my favourite models (although to be fair, he does share the podium with quite a few other crossbow sculpts :) )
    Looking forward to the army shot next month! Good luck with the other unit of crossbows and that swivel gun!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog