Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Blue’s Missile Support Part 2 (209 points)

Hi all,

Back with more missile support troops for my growing Empire Dwarf army.  Here we have another small unit of Dwarf Crossbow troops with standard, musician, and 5th lvl hero as leader.  Now, like the last unit, this was to be a unit of 12 total but as I started painting I realized that the figure I had chosen for the commander just wasn’t working for me so I had to remove that figure and the replacement didn’t arrive before the end of the month....so I ended up with a unit of 11 (for now).



Here they are...A tidy little unit with some very characterful sculpts in it.  This unit is decidedy more "puff and Slash" than the last unit...which were a bunch of bumpkins...these guys are the pride of the army with their gaudy uniforms.  The standard bearer is conversion of a MM15 Dwarf Warrior...It may be sacriligious to slice and dice such a nice figure but he didn't really fit with any of my units...and there is a definate lack of command section figures in the Marauder catalog...so it seemed a perfect chance to employ an underutilized figure.  The standard icon is a spare from one if the White Knight dwarf kits.



Points value:

  • 10 dwarf crossbow men, light armor, Xbow plus standard and Musician 156pts
  • 5th lvl hero, light armor, Xbow 53pts
  • TOTAL: 209pts
I've really enjoyed painting both of these units of Dwarf Crossbows...and I think I'd like to expand both of them to 14 figures total...so I'll probably be adding some into my next months allotment.

Cheers,

Blue

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, buddy! These guys are looking top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the converted standard bearer. I hear what you are saying about cutting up nice old sculpts, but this is in the best spirit of Oldhammer and you treated it with respect to fit a gap in the range and complete your unit. Top work :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog