Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Skal's Friends with trees (696 points)


This month I wanted to get two units of five Wardancers painted up as the are the toughest Elves for other armies to deal with. White Dwarf issue 144 released rules that made the Wardancers even more badass and the different dances gave the Wood Elf army a way to deal with tough units and characters.


This group was painted using my greens and blacks. I stayed with the blue war paint across the eyes to tie them into the rest of the force.


The stealth group in all black is something I have wanted to do from the beginning but I wanted to make sure the unit invoked the look of them stalking through the darkness ready to pounce. For me I think I achieved this through the poses I choose and the all black body gloves. This unit will also stand out from the rest of my army as they are the only elven unit with all reddish hair.


Next up is my army General. I have always like miniature Glam from Skarloc's archers and thought he would make the perfect leader for my army. He has two swords as well as a bow on him. After taking the photo of him I realize I want to work more on his skin and create more highlights and contrast, so you will be seeing him again with even more paint on him.


Next up is my champion for my warrior kin. This elf is the reason I wanted to do a spear armed warrior kin unit. He stands out in the unit due to his pose and the fact that he is only in a loincloth.


Super late additions to my painting que are the first of a few Great Eagles. This monster will give me the ability to to harass enemy war machines hanging in the back of the table. (Thank you Chris Lemieux foe the models I got from you).


Last and certainly not least is Skaw. I had this model when he was first released and he was lost in the many moves I have had over the years. This was another model I got from Chris. After reading Battle at Blood Keep battle report in White Dwarf 148 I realized that the WD crew were mixing Warhammer Armies with the "New" individual Warhammer Army book's. This made me super happy as I really wanted to include some of the newer units in my army like War Hawk riders, Dryads, and Skaw.


Points painted for this month:
Glam Level 25 equipped with 2 swords and a bow 212 points
Warrior Kin Hero 10th level 88 points
10 Wardancers 230 points
Giant Eagle 75 points
Skaw 91 points
May Total: 696 points


My face when I had finished this months painting! Next month like a lot of the group I have something (ok maybe a few things) special planned for my army. 

Till next month

Skal

7 comments:

  1. Wow!
    WOW.
    That's a helluva point drop! I really like the eagle and Skaw, and the black bodysuits are really nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I really like Glam and Skaw. I think you are the points champion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow. I love your completely different take on those wardancer sculpts. I wish I'd thought of getting the bodysuit types all together like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Booom! Can't believe someone dropped more points than me this month! Bravo sir :)

    I love the stealth Wardancer unit - giving them all red-brown hair makes them feel like they are from a distinct clan with their own stealthy fighting style. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you didn't grow a 'fro, it doesn't count 😜

    They look great!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog