Sunday, August 25, 2019

Closing words : 2nd edition of the OWAC

Another great edition of the OWAC is over. When I started this challenge, my hope was that it would grow into a tradition, a yearly ritual for many Oldhammerers, and I believe we are moving in that direction. Once again we had tons of awesome painting, close deadline, gnashing of teeth, drama and in the end a whole crop of new veterans, as well as many veterans of now two campaigns. 

The camaraderie and friendship we see on the Facebook group of the challenge is awesome, and the bond challengers now have with one another is great to see.

Congratulations to all those who participated, whether you pulled it off or not, and thank you for your enthusiasm and efforts during those six gruelling month. Soon, new veteran names will be etched on this blog for all eternity.

Hopefully you've had so much fun that you're already planing your next force, because yes they will be another edition.

GO FOR THE TRILOGY OR GO HOME!

See you next year for PART III (hopefully in 3D)



Keep painting
Iannick, your benevolent Overlord

For anyone interested in joining OWAC III, you can either PM me on Facebook (Iannick Martin) or contact me through the blog. But be warned the hazing is pretty hardcore.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks again! Good luck with the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for running this again. And I am keen to go around for a third time if you will let me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate your hard work running this challenge. Thanks much and I'm in for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really fantastic work once again this year Iannick! I'm sorry that I wasn't able to help out with the admin as much this year but I'm happy to have been a participant in a second OWAC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for running the show, I enjoyed participating and watching. (Still trying to catch up on the last few blog posts...)

    Can we convince you to post pics of the figures you received from participants?

    I'd love to be included in OWAC 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Iannick! I enjoyed OWAC2 and, of course, I would like to book a seat in the OWAC3D!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friends did this for season 2 and the they have encouraged me to try it out with them for season 3. If you have any open spots, I would love to be part of it. It seemed like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contact me through the blog or send me a PM on Facebook! (Iannick Martin)

      Delete
  8. If Facebook application is not responding then in that case conduct a reboot on your phone after that log out from the application further get the cache and data cleared and also get the application updated and also get the application reinstalled. If you are still looking for more information then ask for it from the team of experts.
    Facebook Help Number UK

    ReplyDelete
  9. When do sign ups for the next one start?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant initiative! I enjoyed following the progress of OWAC2 challangers and seeing classic models come to life.

    I'd love to join OWAC 3, if possible.

    Sent a short message through one of your other blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog