Thursday, May 21, 2020

Zerotwentythree's May Wood Elves (294 pts)

For May I returned to a second regiment (troupe? company? line? corps? crew?) of wardancers. These mostly fall into two categories, two hand weapons, or hand weapon + shield. The base goal was ten, which total to 210 points (both options are the same points per model.)


For this month's "stretch goal" I have a few duplicate figures that I had initially thought about trading off, but ended up converting a couple with some minor weapon swaps.

Included in this group is Slamb-eöl, the reclusive elven smith from the grimmest, darkiest part of the forest, who only emerges from his home on the feast day of Slambhain to hack up friend and foe alike with his two axes forged of meteoric iron, marking the coming of the Dark Days of the year. (Slambelf?)


14 Wardancers w/2 hand weapons or hand weapon + shield..... 294 pts

May Total ............. 294 pts

Previous Months: 1,317 pts
OWAC3 Running Total: 1,611 pts

Next month: Scouts and possibly bonus archers! I'd love to do a few more big trees too!

12 comments:

  1. I love these and your converted Slambo (you had called it Glambo at one point! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I think I like Glambo better, too.

      Slamb-eöl was a stretched attempt at bringing in a Tolkien reference...

      Delete
  2. These are awesome! Love the freehand deer on the shield.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Your colour scheme is genius 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. These continue to be so, so great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive brushwork on lovely figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. +100 Oldhammer points for Slambelf :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he might be my favorite figure I've done for this challenge. It's no even that great looking, but I'm proud of the concept. :D

      Delete
  7. Wham! Great work once again! I find black is such a nasty colour to paint, and these look ideal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice work! I like the work you did on shields, impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the kind words. Once again I had fun painting these figures. Where last year's elves were at times a chore to paint (those monopose plastics and the chariot, ugh!), these wood elves have consistently been a pleasure to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work again. That stag shield design is super! Even with a limited palette you've given these loads of character. Can't wait to see the whole army together!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog