Monday, February 15, 2021

Merijn's Chaos Dwarf host (187 points)

 Rank and file month #2

Puuull... KABOOM!

Everyone plays chaos dwarfs for the same reason, right?  Hats, bigger hats, the biggest hats! And once you have a hat that is the envy of the whole 'ol world, you gotta be able to defend it. Luckily, chaos dwarfs like their guns like they like their hats (that is, made by green slave labor).

I'm used to painting the savage hordes like beastmen, chaos and greenskins so an army of cleanly uniformed dwarfs with hats full of details is challenging. But I'm good with what I'm managing to do. I'm done early this month which is nice, very relaxing. I've decided to use the extra time to do some work on other projects.

For this month I've added 9 blunderbusses and a unit champion for a total of 187 points. That puts my total right now at 395 points.

I'm really enjoying the extra effort people all over the hobby are putting into their pictures these days. I've literally seen people do Bob Ross tutorials making background images. Today's image is made possible by my girlfriend holding up my yoga made for clear blue skies.


And proof that there are actually 10 models total.

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly thought it was the real boxart :)
    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue and yellow hats, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great painting. This box art thing is becoming a trend 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the box art thing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job! The box art style is cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. That box art thing is cool but you know what's coolest? Chaos Dwarfs with big hats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snaggle-toothed classics! The blue hats are doing a lot for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic work! And for what it's worth, my miniatures are photographed against a backdrop of "my sweatshirt draped over a chair" and "this vinyl wargaming mat that has grass printed on it."

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got me on the box art pic. Nicely done and they look great. No one should go into battle without an appropriate hat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome hats! The contrast is perfect and fits with the armour. Also love your box artwork montages.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have horrible memories of these guys making mince meat out of my Orcs when they first came out - at least you've made them look good ;) Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog