Tuesday, May 24, 2022

AdamH’s Skaven - May Leader – Cavalcade of chittering clergy chiming crazily (596 Points)

Finally something interesting!

Between a week-long business trip and almost a week long convention coming up, I had much less time this month than normal so had to plan carefully. It was always going to either be my leader month or the mulligan so as I started the month I pushed hard to get as much done as possible. What you see in this post is the result of me working at least two hours a night for about 15 days, might not look like much but I am a pretty slow painter!

I managed to get a Grey Seer on Screaming Bell and a Warlock Engineer on foot all painted up. Lets start with the Warlock Engineer:


Nothing too fancy here, keeping with the theme of the army I have used the same base colours, however this time going much heavier on the white highlights, trying to bring the whole brightness of the model up while retaining the dirty, soiled look to the fabrics. With the usual warpstone green elements the only new colours here are the red accents which I did to try and give the model a little something to stand out.

Next up is the second and only other model for this month, which is also the centrepiece to this army and it’s leader, the mighty Grey Seer and Screaming Bell!


Wood grain was painted in the same way as the Doomwheel from my previous Skaven entry, the gold of the bell is a new addition to this army though I think. Also the red from the Warlock comes back again to tie the models together as being similar in status within the force.

Lots more Warpstone elements scattered around which I think help break up the other colours being used and stop it being a mess of brown.

Generally I am pleased with how this model turned out. Painting it in sub assemblies certainly helped but as usual I am sad that a lot of work I put in is obscured or difficult to see. Anyway here are some additional shots so you can see all around:




So here is my submission for this month altogether:


My submission for May is as follows:

UNIT

EXTRAS

#

TOTAL

CHARACTERS

Grey Seer (340)

Screaming Bell (200)

1

540

Warlock Engineer (56)


1

56

TOTAL

596


So with this submission I have technically completed another OWAC challenge, and my second Skaven force. I am still going to push forward with my final month and try and get the last unit (Rat Ogres) completed but either way I can’t wait to get everything out I have painted this year and add it with my previous entry for some pictures, the Screaming Bell especially I think will look great when put in a big block of Stormvermin or Clanrats.

Best of luck to all the other challengers who are close to finishing the minimum requirements of this year’s OWAC!

10 comments:

  1. These are great, Adam! Both excellent! I love the screaming bell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty impressive for 30 hours of painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really excellent. I like the different types of wood making the screaming bell (what a model eh!), and the red is a good touch - not too bright, but catching nonetheless. And, I think, because some detail is obscured or hard to see, it doesn't mean it isn't seen 'subconsciously' - awesome work in making sure it's ALL painted! 💪

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Clever use of colour has been a hall mark of this army, and the little dashes of red here to denote status is a very clever idea. The bleached out gold of the bell really works too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your brushwork, colour choices and bases dude, keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome centerpiece. The mix of wood tones and the colours on the details instead of the usual rusty metals makes a pretty interesting bell, as well as the warpstone bits. Probably gonna stea.. pay homage! when I paint mine (sadly the current model).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job! That's a fair whack of points you managed to rack up this month!
    Hope you manage to get the Rat Ogres done next month.
    Really looking forward to see photos of the combined forces from this year and last!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work! But the photos could be improved, your work should be valorised more, it's a fantastic centerpiece

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seeing these, and I'm coming round to the idea of skaven

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Screaming Bell is an excellent centerpiece model, fully realized with your work, really like the way the warpstone color pops on this piece. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog