Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Quin’s Debaucherous Dwarfs - Introduction

 Back again for round 3! This time with a delightfully disturbed drove of deviant dwarfs!

Introducing Marak Ahlmund as the spider king, followed by 16 dwarfs with heavy armor, hand weapons and shields - including a hero & standard bearer conversion. 12 dwarfs with heavy armor & double handed weapons, including hero and a conversion that will either turn into a wizard or standard bearer, tbd. 16 dwarf crossbowmen with light armor, an Iron Claw dwarf wizard and 12 (I found the missing figure) gnoblar trappers.. will count these as chaos goblin slaves/foresters. An asscannon from oldschoolminis as well as a suitable number of face shields to outfit the army, also from oldschoolminis. Up last is a “Toxic Spirit” from Ral Partha, It’s for Shadowrun and a very interesting figure. I think I’ll be using it as a ‘counts as’ troll chaos spawn.




 I had originally planned to include more dwarf/drider hybrids but have had a hard time finding the grenadier drider legs that I quite liked, as they are thick and woolly, adaptive of the harsh frozen environment in their glacial caverns. In the same vein I had also planned on picking up some giant woolly spiders to add to the theme of the army. Unfortunately this plan never came to fruition, but maybe before the end of the challenge I’ll get a few. 


 As I’ve always been heavily influenced by the work of Soft Cell, it seems I have been inspired into creating this project based on the track “Sex Dwarf”. This year I hope to create lore and bits of freehand loosely based on their discography. 




Run my little sex dwarf

I feel so lonely

Get my little camera

Take a pretty picture

Sex dwarf in a gold Rolls

Making it with the dumb chauffeur






To wrap things up, here is my tribute for Iannick! As usual my pick is something from this year’s army.. of course, a chaos dwarf! Painted and based also in the style of my army. I hope it is suitably horrific enough for our overlord. 


That’s all for now, until next time-

-in the sewers.of.estark 

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Hard to beat for nostalgia feels. I'm sure most of them were featured in some Combat Cards that I once owned. Awesome - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ye gods I love Sex Dwarf! Do your best to do it justice, I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine anything cooler than a Soft Cell themed Chaos Dwarfs army!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dwarf spider hybrids (dwiders?) Sounded intriguing, pity you couldn't find more in time. Lovely selection of minis though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is a great twist on Chaos Dwarfs. Sex Dwarf is a great track, and the nightmare elements look like they'll be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesssss! I love the ideas here and can't wait to see them painted up. Sex Dwarf by Soft Cell has featured in our D&D campaign too! :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slaanesh and chaos dwarfs! I like the sound of that and look forward to seeing more of that beautifuly twisted idea. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog