Tuesday, January 31, 2023

AdamH’s OWAC VI Jan Post – The Hag Graef Griefers

Month one, my first “troop” month and I almost failed right out of the challenge. I was away for most of December and half of January so my preparation time was zero, I did manage to undercoat my models before I left but that was it. 

I started painting on the 16th of January and unfortunately I think it shows in the final products. I am normally quite a slow painter, even more so when I don’t know the scheme so I had to really push myself hard to get these done in time, and as I am writing this post on the evening of the 31st I don’t think I could have cut it much closer.

There are a few details I had to just admit to having to come back later to complete, and some highlights that weren’t as smooth as I would like. The worst part though is I feel the scheme isn’t that great but I didn’t have time to do much about it.

Anyway enough talk, time for pictures:

I don’t think it helped that I am generally not that jazzed about elves in general.


I like the Witch Elf models but the rest of these were pretty meh to paint.

However that just means it is all uphill from here! I have some great teams coming up that I do love the models of, and with a couple of exceptions have some ideas for schemes.

Anyway one more thing from me before I sign off for the month, I owe our glorious leader a tribute, so here is the 13th member of the currently unnamed Skaven team who will be sneaking their way over the pond soon enough:

Here is to next month’s contribution (which I am also a little worried about since I have another week away from tomorrow and it is a short month), something both a little darker and more colourful with a chonky boi addition!


4 comments:

  1. It's a good looking team! Nicely done even though you only had half a month

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a glorious looking team. Great work in pushing through and choosing to do a team you're not so enthused with right off the bat. Looking forward to next month's post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on meh figures. They look lovely. I ended up with a newer Dark elf team because of just that. Most of the old teams are pretty nice figs though, so you should be OK from here on out. Go Team Bloodbowl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't stress! :)

    You did great if you only had half a month to work on these and the uphill struggle will hopefully feel less so once you get to models that you like more than these. Think of the sense of achievement when you make it to the end. A difficult January and February will just make it all the sweeter come June/July :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog