Tuesday, February 28, 2023

AdamH’s OWAC VI Feb Post – The Wasteland Wanderers

Month two, and my second “troop” month. I would like to say that unlike last month I planned better and had plenty of time to paint… but that would be a lie. Another two business trips (one of which I will be leaving for 30 mins after writing this post) have sucked away basically half of my month/painting time.

Once again I started painting at about half-way through the month and had less than two weeks to get everything done. Some of you might be saying

“Well Adam, that is OK, two weeks is more than enough time to get 12 models done.”

And to you I would say

“Who are you, how did you get in my house?!”

But seriously I paint slowly and don’t have much time each day to dedicate to painting so it normally takes me much longer to get through things. These models I would consider ‘basic’ but complete (accept for one bit that I noticed when taking the pictures, no prize to the first person who notices my mistake).

I will once again be going back in my wildcard month to tidy up some bits, smooth out highlights and fill in some missing details as I don’t like the thought of leaving such awesome models looking like this.

That said I really like these figures and tried to go with a mostly undivided scheme, maybe leaning slightly towards Khorne, let me know if you think I pulled it off!




March (should) be better for me, no business trips or stupidly small calendar months to trip me up so I am going to try for one of the bigger (in number, not in stature) teams. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Impressive team right there despite the lack of time. Hope march is easier and keep up your BB project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skin tones on those beastmen are really nicely done - and look great against the metal 👌👌👌👌👌👌

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good colour scheme! I like the deep reds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking team! It is cool to see the same figures I did this month in totally different colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Done in two weeks you stay? Awesome job! I really like the colour scheme you've given them, but I do not see your mistake though ...👀

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, great colours. Maybe if I painted slowly my miniatures would look half that good - but I doubt it

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great! I definitely can't see any mistakes and for two weeks work you should be well chuffed indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This team is ready to crush. The skin on the beastmen and the metal on the Chaos work really we'll. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog