Sunday, December 24, 2023

AdamH’s OWAC VII Intro Post – The rats are back in town!

Why do I hate myself... a question I have been asking for years without an answer. 

Here we are again, me plus over 100 rats. You might be thinking that surely I must have run out of Skaven models by now? Ha, I laugh, I could probably do the challenge another two times with what I have left in my box of shame.

But yea, once more around Skavenblight we go:

Just like my previous Skaven entry I am looking at filling out my existing force with missing units as well as bolstering the core:


Mainly this means some additional Clan Skyre units in the form of a unit of Globadiers and while not technically from 4th/5th edition a couple of Warplightning Cannons:

As well as a few Jezzails:

And who better to lead this part of the army but a selection of Warlock Engineers:

I am also filling out a few older units with additional options, mainly this means random command models:

and some more Plague Monks:

For this year’s challenge I am targeting the following list:


Every time I do Skaven for the challenge I increase the number that I plan to paint, and somehow I manage to get them done. This time is no different, this is the most models I will have attempted in an OWAC yet (as long as we don't account the many small Giant Rats from last time). But if I can get them done I think my army will be touching 5k points when fully equipped! (On a side note if anyone in the UK fancies a game hit me up!)

Best of luck to the rest of the competitors as always, and especially to my fellow #TeamSkaven!

16 comments:

  1. #Teamsksven????? skavens are not real for sure!!!! (Many models to be painted on your OWAC)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure these are just strange looking, small beastmen.

      Delete
  2. go Team Skaven! These look great- you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a great bunch to see painted up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Fingers crossed I can get through them all!

      Delete
  4. You can never have too many Skaven...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love following skaven projects as they are so quintessentially Warhammer. I wish you luck in the army building!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear! I really love painting them and I agree they just feel so Warhammer to me.

      Delete
  6. Good luck! It's going to look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid view, all these ratmen. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good dude, bring on Ratmaggedon. We should set up an epic last stand game when I'm next over

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic collection of old metal, specially the clan rat regiments. Also, amazing horde of jezzails, do you want to scare a dwarf/elf at range??

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not a pile of shame if you keep RATtling* through it like this and turning out swarms of great Skaven units time after time. You should probably add to it really.... ;)

    * I'm not even remotely sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog