Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Jeff's Army of Chaos

Hi OWAC Brothers

My name is Jeff , I've been playing games in general since 1977, starting with Dungeons and Dragons. Around 1987-1988 I discovered Tabletop Wargames and never looked back. My friends and I play every period/genre, but my most favorite is Fantasy, and I really have a love for Games Workshop figures from back in the 80's and 90s.


My army for this challenge is Chaos 4th Edition. I could have gone with a couple of different armies but Chaos is what I had most of. I have to say I'm a bit of noob of most other armies as I only had a few opponents over all these years and only have an Empire Army which I started in 1990.

My Army list clocks in at 1195, mainly because Chaos is SOOO expensive points wise. It almost feels like cheating so I bulked it up as much as I could. So here's my army list

Chaos Army 4th Edition
2 Chaos Heroes.........394pts
5 Chaos Knights........330pts
5 Chaos Warriors.......120pts
3 Dragon Ogres.........261pts
6 Harpies...................90pts
Total...........................1195pts

Some of these are already based and painted, but every thing will be repainted and rebased, to make a consistent army.


Chaos Heroes, very Old School


Chaos Knights of Plastic shame. I thought I had more metal knights... but I either lost them in a move or stupidly sold them off years ago.


Chaos Warriors, I painted the top left guy 25 years ago or so. I love these guys.


Dragon Ogres. These were a recent Ebay purchase, came with that paint job.


Harpies. These are the Dark Elf Harpies. I have the Chaos ones, but like the DE ones better. I need to find the wing tips.

Now I'm ready to go,

Cheers, Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Those Dragon Ogres are some of my favourite GW models ever. Really looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fact you have both versions of one of my all-time favourite Chaos figure; the Marauder grinning maniac!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog