Sunday, December 16, 2018

Jeff McCaffrey's Dark Elves II - Introduction

This year I'll be continuing to build the Dark Elf army I began in OWAC 1.  I'll be rounding out the force with some cavalry and Mercenary Ogres.  I also intend to finish up the models that were only half painted at the end of the last challenge - since they're partially painted, I can't count them for this year's challenge, but I'll be using the challenge to motivate myself to get them finished.

The List:
10 Dark riders with Standard - 242 pts.



5 Hell Drakes - 195



5 Ogre Mercenaries with Double Handed Weapons - 290
1 Ogre Champion - 110



1 Level 5 Wizard on Cold One - 100



10 Witch Elves with Extra Hand Weapon, Poison - 140



Total 1077

The cunning plan to get them all painted:
Month 1
5 Dark Riders
1 Wizard on Cold one

Month 2
4 Dark Riders
1 Dark Rider with Standard
1 Ogre

Month 3
4 Ogres
2 Witch Elves

Month 4
8 Witch Elves
1 Ogre Champion

Month 5
5 Hell Drakes

Relatively low model counts, so it should be achievable in spite of what promises to be a busy spring.  However, since I can't leave well enough alone...here are the models laid down incomplete at the end of the last challenge that I plan to tack on to my challenge painting.

Level 5 Hero on Warhorse, Heavy Armor, Shield - 58



20 Warriors with Standard & Music - 242



15 Warriors with Halberds - 195



I'm planning to knock out the hero in month 1; 5 warriors a month for months 2-5 and the halberdiers in month 6 - we'll see how it goes.....

And of course, a little thank you for our benevolent overlord to round things out.


Let the painting begin!

8 comments:

  1. A lot of great stuff! A mounted force, too, always harder to do. Looking forward to the Ogres, and thanks for thinking of me, love that figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some awesome lead. Look forward to seeing them painted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing these painted. Nice force!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you building on this army. I still need a break from Bretonians, so I'm doing something different. I like your plan of attack, I should be thinking about that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hell drakes are great! Cant wait to see the fully painted OWAC1+2 army

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the original cold ones. Such cool minis. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog