Thursday, December 13, 2018

Lissanne's Chaos Demons-the Return of Ignatz the Handful

                                                                       DEMONS! 
 As I said in OWAC I, I am a Oldschool 40K player, and play little Warhammer Fantasy.  But Iannick was kind enough to allow me to paint a demon force which is useful for both!



So here is my planned army  Led by the Demon Lord Ignatz the Handful (the old Lammasu figure without the chaos dwarf), his beloved Magnolia the Dragon Ogre, 6 Flamers, 10 Old Demonettes slightly converted (they are Sexecutioners, after all, not Disney villians!) and... I'm over 1000pts already (gods, they are a lot of points!)   But... I also have fiends, even more demonettes, and those lust abominations from 'the others' which make the best Slaanesh spawn I've ever seen.  I plan to paint as much as I can!

Points (1012+)
Unaligned Demon Prince - Ignatz the Handful (275 pts)
6 Flamers of Tzeentch 300 pts (50 each)
1 Dragon Ogre - Magnolia (87 pts)
10 Demonettes 350 pts (35 each)

18 figs is not a lot,  so not to cheap out completely on the amount of models, and because I need spare points to get 200+ a month
5+ Demonettes (35 each)
5+ Fiends (30 each)
 3 chaos spawn (70 each)
The minimum unit is 5, except for spawn


   
This force is Chaos Undivided Demons, it would be pure Slaanesh except I have my heart set on painting those flamers. Plus it's time to paint Ignatz, the long time threat in our D&D game, for which I bought him for, lo, those decades ago.  Now he can bring his friends!

Since I prefer to paint, then assemble (and then paint some more)  I have gone as far as I can for the moment, except for the 2 bigger bases and making movement trays for display and WF-ish.
Ultimately, it's all SABLE though- my goal is to get stuff painted!

(and brownie points if you know where Ignatz and Magnolia came from!)

9 comments:

  1. Good stuff there mate. Can't wait to see the Lammasu painted

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to your work on the Dragon Ogre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The demons are going to be a great looking force. I think it's a good idea to stretch the comp a little to allow interesting forces. I think the most important thing about this comp is getting things painted. I'll leave it to the alpha painters to obsess over model count.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the sound of this! My Nurgle force is also set to do double duty in both 40K and my long running D&D game! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here are some of my favorite daemon miniatures! I think it is a great choice and I find that your painting style nicely fits to them! Cnat wait to see them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see your new colors in this miniatures, lissanne!!!
    Good luck mate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear. I'm struggling not to add Chaos Daemons to my stupidly large range of armies. I doubt this will help me but good luck anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are soooo pretty! Chaos calls to you!! And thanks!

      Delete

Search This Blog