Sunday, December 16, 2018

Sybou's part: Rise of the undeads

Hello everyone,

I'm joining the old word army challenge for the first time.
Long time chaos player, I also collect several other armies like humans, orcs and goblins, chaos dwarves and ... undeads.

These guys got a place in the painting queue for so many years that when i saw the opening of the challenge, it was really a good opportunity for me to make a big step in their painting process.

For my 1000 pts list, i used the warhammer 3rd edition list.

I was planning to use a vampire as leader but these guys are incredibly expensive and so I went for a skeletal champion and a cheap necromancer. A humble start for a humble force and moreover that 'll make them look like Heinrich Kemler and Krell (sort of ...)

My favorite to start, 30 ghouls (240 pts):


Ghouls

I gathered several citadel and gw ghouls plus a ral partha and some otherworlds ones. I might make two units of 15 but for now that's not important.


No options there, just regular ghouls ...


Then, we got the big unit of 30 skeletons with shield (330 pts):


Skeletons

The pillar of all necromancer's army, these guys are scary as hell. There are 35 on the picture but we can expect a couple to be summoned during the game.
I didn't find the points cost for a command group so I guess they should cost a couple more points but anyway that 's not important for now.


Damn, they're expensive

I was surprised by their cost, 10 points for a skellie ??! Damn, with shield they came up to 11 pts.

Finally, all armies should have some wildcards units, that shall go behind ennemy lines or bring support to the big rank and files units.

First we have the plague cart (100pts):

Plague cart

I really loved this mini when i saw it. It s not so big but I think it s still impressive, I added to skeletal servants who bring skulls and bones to the pile. 

Then, we have carrions (180 pts):

Carrions

These guys are really fun, I remember my old white dwarves where you can see them in various colours like green, orange or purple. They were a pain to rank and file though.

I love the illustration pics.

That's all for the units, which make us a total of 850 points. With my necromancer (Lvl 5) and my skeletal champion (Lvl 15) I reach a total of 995 points which is good enough because I didn't include weapons for characters or command group for skeletons.

The complete army waiting for their leaders.

The leaders are still waiting for their bases. I'll try to give them specific ones for them being leaders and stuffs.

Finally here are the two winners for testing my colour paintschemes for skeletons and ghouls:
And the winners are ...

I'll try to paint the ghouls like the ones painted in the garden of hecate's blog, i'll stay more classic for the skellies.

I'm eagerly waiting for january and i hope that I will hold all the 6 months. That'd be a shame to fall in the "fallen comrades" group.

Waiting to see the intro posts of all the other players.
Stay cool and keep painting minis ...

10 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing this army develop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet...looking forward to the shambling horde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good looking army.

    Standards & musicians cost double the base price for a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting beginning. Looking forward seeing some painted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the challenge, great looking figures. I too had to give up on my Vampire General. Too expensive for a 1000 point force.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've painted a few things using Ana's ghoul recipe and they turn out pretty neat (even with my painting). Can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of fantastic miniatues here: I especially love carrions and the skeleton unit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite era ghouls and that plague cart is beautiful! Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog