Monday, January 21, 2019

Arjen's engineers of Osrim Charz (299pts)

Let's start at the end shall we? Osrim Charz and his group of 11 engineer are part of the force defending Orc's drift from the hordes of orcs that have (presumably) already led waste to several other villages in the valley of Armalia. Just to ease me into it as it is a fairly small group of miniatures; 12 dwarfs in total. 



In the scenario stats Osrim Chardz has a great sword, lacking a dwarf model with a great sword I used one with a great bonkin' hammer, should fit as he leading dwarf engineers and sappers I though.




"Great bonkin' hammer"; total of 134 points


The engineer are statted as being armed with hammers, shovels and pick axes and I mistakenly (I just reread the scenario' Command Sheet) though no shields so I picked all my shield-less dwarfs and engineer/sapper types. I might have to paint some shields and add then in a next month.


Another great hammer and ax.
Pick-ax and hammer and candle on helmet.

great ax, hand ax and sword.

Sword, sword and ax.


Hammer and ax.


I tried to tie the group together by adding a blue-white motif at least somewhere on the models. I suspect these would be the colors of their alma mater engineering university's Bloodbowl team (of which they are all ex-members).

And all together now. 134 for Osrim and 165 for the engineers.


All in all I am pretty happy with the result and especially with the eyes, I didn't think I had that in me still. Now I have to figure out whether I'm going to paint a 26 model strong Linden Way militia in 1 month or mix this group up with some higher point cost models from the other groups.

13 comments:

  1. They look great! I especially love the fellow with the candle-helmet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyes are very well done, and the basing looks really good . As a whole, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the secret behind the basing is mixing model rain sand with (unused catlitter for the nice mix of granular sizes and the extra cement attributes of the catlitter) :)

      Delete
  3. those are some great sculpts. well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. That unit just oozes character. Fantastic stuff! I'm really looking forward to the rest of the scenario forces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice indeed. Love your bold style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ove these figures and your painting...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful - so full of character. Bravo sir!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful classic models, a very cool project you've got going!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog