Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Dustin's February Submission (A Trollish Trio, 195 points)

February, the shortest month, and a busy one for me even when not participating in army painting challenges. This month's output is pretty basic:


3 Stone Trolls -- 195 points



These guys were fun to paint, and a good diversion from the gobbos. I've been a fan of these sculpts since the Nineties, but for some reason, had never painted any of them (in fact, I had never owned any until this past year). I'm glad I was able to pick them up before GW finally "retired" them a couple of months ago.



This is Glogg. I rather enjoyed painting the femur he wields as a weapon. Perhaps it's a femur with which to bash fimir?



Here's Fletch. He's not dual wielding weapons, the big rock is just a snack.




Finally, Ol' Stinkmouf, ready to empty the contents of his stomach on some unfortunate stunties. Failing that, he can bash them with his stone maul.



That's all for February. More goblins to come in March.

13 comments:

  1. No goblin army is complete without these blundering fellows! Well done. Especially like the pinkish noses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking trolls. I like the color of the flesh, and agree about the noses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nigel and Gav will have some friends now! They look awesome Dustin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Looking real good. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're brilliant. Stinkmouf is my favourite. Timeless, and you've done him justice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful mate. Very subdued compared to the usual bright blue trolls, but it really works well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely job on these. Whilst I’m not a fan of many middlehammer era sculpts (too cartoony for me) I like these. Yeah they are cartoony but it suits the subject. And they are well executed too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are some of the best trolls ever sculpted and you’ve done a great job painting them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always dug blue trolls and you have done them well. I really like the subdued colors you chose for their skin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great paint job on some nice old figs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The stoniest of stone trolls! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love these models, and you did a wonderful job with them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking Trolls. If I had been paying attention I would have given you shit for only painting three models. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog