Thursday, February 28, 2019

Jeff's Dark Elves - February (190 points)

February put January to shame in terms of competing demands on my time, so I'm delighted to be writing this post instead of the one explaining why I had to use my mulligan.

This month I've added the remaining  5 Dark Riders, including their standard bearer, and the first of the Ogres.
Here's the points breakdown:
4 Dark Riders @ 22 = 88
1 Dark Rider Standard Bearer @ 44
1 Ogre Mercenary with Heavy Armor and Double Handed Weapon @ 58

On to the models - First the Dark Riders...





I was struggling to come up with a banner design that was more than just a pink streamer....the skulls were a serendipitous bitz box find, and fit well thematically with the helmet banner last year's infantry are carrying.

The completed unit poses for a group shot


...and next the Ogre.


I'm particularly pleased with how the face turned out on this model.


Heavy armor might be a bit of a stretch for this model, but he's the most lightly armored of the group.
You might have noticed that the Ogre's basing doesn't match the elves, that's intentional, as long term there are several armies the Ogres might march to war with, and I wanted something that would blend reasonably well with all of them.

So that's February done in the nick of time, perhaps March will play nice (doubtful).  March's plan is 4 more Ogres and the first 2 witch elves.

8 comments:

  1. That's a nice, big cavalry unit, I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call with the banner. Works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work - especially loving the slaanesh colours on the cavalry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not messing around when it comes to cavalry! They are going to be a force to be reckoned with. Your Ogre is awesome. Great paint work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool post for february. I m too a big fan of this ogre.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the cavalry. I may have to try and assemble a unit like these for my DE army. The ogre is very nice also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done finishing these. I really like that banner, never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog