Saturday, February 2, 2019

Jeff Allen squeaks across the finish line (286 points)

Here are my 4th edition Dark Elves for January. It was a last minute, literally down to the wire finish. I put my brush down at 11:58 EST. I know Iannick doesn't care if I was coming in at 12:05, but I cared.

So what went wrong? Two things really. Agreeing to a week long business trip at the start of the New Year. That hurt my time alot. Thank god I did all the prep work in November-December. 

But what really did me in, was me not being able to land a paint scheme I liked. I must have tried a dozen different combos of colors trying to come up with one I was happy with. Some of the Crossbowmen have 3 or 4 layers of paint in spots.

What went right? The OWAC group. A positive bunch of guys helping me along! The figures, they are great. I won't say a joy to paint, but they are fabulous sculpts. I think Aly Morrison did them. Incredible detailed. A boon and a curse for sure.

Also I was very happy with the themed bases. It's just sort of how I imagined the Dark Elf homeland.

Points:
Repeater Crossbows 130 pts
Bolt Thrower  100 pts
Assassin 56 pts

Total 286 pts

Anyway, enough of my blathering, here's the pics.











That it for now, see you in February,

Jeff "Xin" Allen.

8 comments:

  1. This is going to be a very good looking force I reckon. The basing and the colour scheme match very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For all your worrying they really look great! They came out very dark elf looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that feeling when the right paint scheme won’t reveal itself. Good job on pushing through and and finishing a nice looking group of models.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that paint scheme. The red accent color works well with the pastel purple. Also like the write-up. Sharing our challenges is part of what OWAC is all about

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It seems to see the 4th ed army book! Very nice job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. That's a lot of detail you picked out. The crystals on the bases are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous! Really liking the crystals on the bases too :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog