Friday, February 15, 2019

Lissanne's Chaos Demons- Cheerleaders of Chaos! (205 pts)

 
Another relatively easy month for me, before I start the big, complex pieces

Let's start with the last 2 Flamers of Elias' 6 Flamer band, for 100 pts.


Which I put in a rectangular movement base for forms sake.  And that is all of them, this unit is done!

  
And so, onward to some cheerleaders of Slaanesh,   And by Cheerleaders, I mean Demonettes. With the exception of Ignatz the boss, the rest of what I plan to paint seems to be rather Slaaneshy too.

I have a unit of 10 of Tony Ackland's original RoC Demonettes, sculpted by Jes Godwin and Mike Perry.  They began life with one breast to show they were hermaphroditic,  that's it.  Which is pretty pathetic if you think about it.  Don't create a depraved and perverse army if you are a PG company.   But since they did, I added the other breast and the parts GW couldn't on all my Demonettes to better illustrate them properly.  They are supposed to be super attractive, so since I am already altering them, I am making them more manga girls than bald bondage maidens.  Here is the catalogue pic for the purists.
I had mentioned I play D&D, actually I started out long, long ago painting my friends minis for that game (and still do).  'Here, you're an artist- you paint these!'  and lead was first thrust at me.   If you paint D&D minis, you start converting nearly as soon as you start painting, because everyone wants something to better match their character.  Fix the weapon, fix the hair, fix the clothes, etc  So I often find it hard NOT to convert.  I have noticed people feel strongly about this, one way or the other, but I am firmly in the cut-em-up and green stuff camp.

On their original catalogue page you can see they seem to have been given names, also pretty dull.  So I will give them all new ones as I go along.  Lewdfang -now Snaketongue, Fiendthrob -now Mohawk Mama, and Fleshthrob -now Sally Satan- (although her expression came out like 'Oh Lucy, what have you done now...)  As I only have 6 different sculpts in my stash, one being the unnamed 'Miss 13' who was added a little later, this will help with diversity, so each can have their own special sexy style.  And I am greatly enjoying painting them, although I wasn't sure at first I would.


And fluff...
Attracted to the spectacular 'attributes' of Ignatz, and since neither he nor the Flamers were the least bit interested in pursuing any fleeing villagers while they were busy creating havoc....these opportunistic demonettes have become sort of camp followers. They make sure no fun toys (or tasty tidbits) leave the vicinity of the ongoing atrocity, and are always lively cheerleaders urging the band ever onward to more mayhem!


Mohawk Mama is a strong leader, and always the first to think of a new game to play with the toys!  Just looking at her, you can see she up for anything.


Snaketongue is the plain girl of the group, and usually has to settle for the leftovers.  She is rather quiet with a black sense of humor.  Her sword is reserved for those who joke about her looks.



Sally Satan is a new recruit, a blessed ex-victim, and a bit unsure of what she should be doing.  But she is pretty enough she can always find a willing playmate!  The whims of Slaanesh are strange...

So-
2 Flamers 50pts each
3 Demonettes 35 pts each
205 pt total

Next month I hope to do 2 Dragon Ogres, another demonette or three, and more work on Ignatz.  My hope is to get better at painting tiny faces, and get to practice some techniques I learnt online to improve my figure painting!  We will see...

Relatively slow going too, because I am trying to do Karandras for the 20 year challenge- my last old Phoenix lord to be painted.  I'm a sucker for challenges, but no more till the OWAC ends.  I really want to paint lots of demons!

16 comments:

  1. Awesome reimagining is the Daemonettes there. I agree, they're supposed to be hyper sexual, but GW were/are a commercial games company. The would have been no way that they could have released them unless they were toned down.

    Anyway, they look ace man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m simultaneously aroused and creeped out!

    You’ve done a great job on some classic miniatures there. Love the ichor too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly depraved.... And fitting. Well done there sir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! I definitely think I managed to creep people out while being sexy cute, which was the point ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours, they would fit perfectly in Slaves to Darkness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assuming. Great job on the eyes.Snaketongue is my fav...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun conversions there and sublimely disturbing pastels and 'slime' effects!

    Those Flamers are going to look amazing as a unit of the battlefield too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great Lissanne, I think you gave us what the daemonettes were intended to be rather than the lawyer stripped down version. Anyway I look forward to seeing where your creativity takes the next figures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! I do wish they would have an 'adult' section of different imprint/Forge World, after all, Kingdom Death exists and goes where they wrote but feared to tread, so it's not like it's not being done! I hope to keep up the good work (well, chaotic work)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very unsettling and nice. Like an exquisite corpse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It’s a bold move to convert those classic daemonettes, but you’ve pulled it off really well. Looking forward to seeing more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful! I especially like Flamers on the movement tray.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you've captured two different looks very well. Turned them up to 11, even. I think you're conversions have captured the essence of Slaanesh better than the originals (as you mentioned, they were sort of keeping it PG) and the flamers -- especially when put together on that movement tray, have a really vivid & otherworldly look that suits daemons of Tzeench.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! I really like Snaketongue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice conversion and paint work! I love to slice and greenstuff figs myself. That was half the fun painting figs back then. I used to check out John Blanche's WD page every issue for more inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog