Sunday, December 29, 2019

Ratwig's Dark Elf OWAC III Force

Greetings! For this third iteration of OWAC, I will be painting Dark Elves (yes, again!). I will be adding more warriors, witchelves, crossbows, mercenary Samurai, and another giant scorpion, plus a new unit type for me, cold ones. The warrior unit will be made up using a 25 figure Mengil Manhides Regiment of Renown as they are all I have to represent warriors. This will get this army to its warrior minimum of 40 figs. I'm giving crossbows to the second unit of witchelves just to try out that option. The new crossbow unit will be used as skirmishers. The list is as follows:

1) 14 x Witchelves led by a Lvl 5 character, with extra hand weapon and crossbow: 275 points

2) 10 x Crossbows led by a Lvl 5 character, with shields: 180; 1 x Giant Scorpion: 45 = 225 points


3) 25 x Warriors led by a Lvl 10 and a Lvl 5 character: 415 points



4) 1 x Lvl 20 Mercenary Samurai Commander with heavy armor and longbow, mounted on a Kirin: 186; 12 x Mercenary Samurai with heavy armor, double handed weapons: 131 points = 317 points



5) 10 x Helldrake Cold One riders led by Lvl 20 and Lvl 10 characters: 754 points divided into two submissions



Total points: 1986



Let's see how my cunning plan survives contact with life...





This third OWAC will bring my total Dark Elf army project to around 5000 points.



There's figs to prep and some Jack to test, so I better get busy!


Ratwig out.

11 comments:

  1. Love those classic cold ones, you going to go with the traditional green lizard look with them or something more unique?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not planned the cold one scheme yet, probably will not know until I'm ready to paint them.

      Delete
  2. Loads of lovely minis there! I'll be watching with interest how you paint the cold ones - I'm looking for inspiration for my pile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing how you manage the kirin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of love for the classic cold ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Have you got some freehand planned for those shields?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Respect to your commitment to the DEs - 5000pts of Oldhammer DEs is going to be quite something :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those old cold ones. So alien looking.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog