Saturday, February 1, 2020

Adrian's orc rabble - January (213 points)


Sacks don't start themselves, ma bois!

This month was a little busy with some other academic issues so I wanted to keep it simple. Well, some sort of simplicity without resorting to paint the trolls, as it would be a dull start with only three trolls.
The most obvious choice was DA BOSS. Because who want to maim and burn without proper instructions to do so and his expertise in the field as guidance.

I've started to paint the orc boys also. I am fairly impressed how fun and how fast these miniatures can be painted. Each of them are truly characters on their own, so mixing some skin tones and adding some details here and there in the shields and armour was a motivation itself. They bring a lot of opportunities to add gyphs, runes, evil-faces, etc. Hope this repeats with the goblin horde.

I also experimented with a new priming, using VMC Rot Braun which is fantastic for painting the rusty armour of this rabble, and I will be adding to my slightly newhammerish skavens in the future.

So the list so far goes:


Zharkk Facesmasha (Lvl 20 Orc Hero)
Light armour + Shield
[91 points]

Proof I added the shield (see later)

And his company of smelly boys




11 Orc boys
Light armour + spears + shield. Musician
-1 shield
[122 points]

Oh yes, I lost one shield. When I was about to base them I noticed that I didn't glued the shield and paint the center part of the orc with the spear. I couldn't find the shield, so I should find another one, paint and glue it next month.


Guest starring of this month: Bob, Smith and Louis.

I am pleased with the results on the pale-ish orc skins. I followed the idea from a tutorial for dead skin by Vincent Venturella in youtube. I changed the pale color by VMC Light Blue which in the end tend to be slightly more greenish when mixed with VGC Pale flesh in the last lights.


And that's all for now. See you next month!



Adrian out-

12 comments:

  1. The shields and little touches like the chequer board helmet are wicked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really old school orcs. I like how they band together. The boss is a wicked conversion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I wanted a substitute for Hagar Sheol and initially was goin to convert the 4th-5th ed big un champion until I discover this guy. In the end I was pleased with the result, it was an easy conversion and fits perfectly.

      Delete
  3. Cool unit. Are all these models frm the Citadel range?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Yes all of them are from C15 range, with minor conversions like Axe killer, who came without his axe. My warboss is one of the MM20 orc command group champions.

      Delete
  4. Wow!
    All the detail, the freehand, the bases, the colour - they look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. All the beautiful orc entries are making it hard to fight my inner green.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Wonderful job on these fantastic old minis! Especially the skin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are outstanding! The C15 orcs are a great start, but the variation in skin tone, the great colour palette, and the extra details just take it to another level. The converted Marauder leader fits in surprisingly well, and his pink, ahem, wine-stain red cape and feather look great.
    Can't wait to see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These really are excellent, your colour pallete is really subtle but spot on and evoking LOTR, AD&D vibes. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really brought those wonderful old sculpts to life, lovely stuff, can't wait for more

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog