Monday, February 24, 2020

Brendan's February Post: 204 points of all beef no fluff


For this month I decided to literally bulk up my Skaven for the month of January.  I mean, no one really fears a bunch of giant rats and swarms.  But rat ogres on the other hand?  Yes please!



I have 6 planned to paint but figured three would be a good start.  And to make sure that these heavy hitters follow orders, I have a couple of pack masters to keep them in check.  144 points including their rat ogre friends.


Finally I added a handful of clan rats to reach the required 200 point limit.  They will form a squad of 20 when all is said and done.  So a good dent into a squad! 8 clan rats- 60 points.


Finally, the February group all assembled together:


And my total army so far:

15 comments:

  1. Love an army progress shot!
    They look great. What have you based them on please, plasticard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Bases are 2mm mdf bases from Sarissa Precision. I rebased everyone on mdf to look more unified. Plus I love that company!

      Delete
  2. You did honor to the great horned rat. He shall be proud. Love all those classic sculpts with your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue theme is especially nice, and shows off the dark skaven very well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great. I love the blue, it ties them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour scheme. Really reinforces the feral feel 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress for #teamskaven! Those Rat Ogres really add some serious menace.
    Nice job with the colour scheme.
    The army is starting to look good already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work -- going strong with the Skaven! I really like the colors and even after just two months, that last photo looks like a significant (and good looking) army!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great paintings and backdrop. These rat ogres look ace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the palette, the low saturation reinforces a darker theme for all the army.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! I can’t wait to skewer a couple of these with big bolts...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking like a good little force already! Lovely pale blues and that red spot colour is really making them pop :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're going to end up with an awesome army! Looking forward to your next entry!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog