Sunday, February 2, 2020

Robert's And so it begins (Bugmans Brewers 312 points)

Month number one is in the bag and I'm feeling pretty good about where this army is going to take me. I knocked out a good amount of points and I probably should have saved some for the following two months with me moving to a new state in March, but that kinda talk can be left on the field of bones. 

For this month I really wanted to get a feel for my colors and how my over army was going to look. I had this idea knocking around that I was really keen on and figured why the hell not. So the inspiration for my army was the Saami people of Northern Norway, Sweden, and Finland.  To me they have a very Dwarven feel to their clothing so I ran with it.



For this first unit of Dwarves I went pretty deep with hero's. Having a Level 5 Foe Smiter (48 pts), a Level 10 Anvil Cleaver (88 pts) and a Level 5 Spell Smith (78 pts) I was already at a whopping 214 points. Not wanting to take the easy route I finished off the other 7 Longbeards for another 98 points. This brought me to a total of 312 points for the first month.

One of the dwarves from the "Dwarf Lords of Legend" box set. I am going to see about painting them all up and adding them to the different units in my army.

A shot of his sweet shield. 

One of the few magic/Rune Smith Dwarves I will be adding to this army.

Shot of the entire unit.


Another shot of the shields I sculpted for the army. I am super stoked at how they turned out I can't wait to sculpt more.

I was really happy with the way the shields turned out considering it was the first time I had ever sculpted anything like them. I am excited to really dive into this army and I think next month I may need to add some good ol fashion Dwarven war machines. Nothing is more Dwarven than a few drunk Dwarves walking around with a flame cannon strapped to them. 

The background is one of the paintings I did during my Bob Ross Instructor certification course. I will be using it as a backdrop for my OWACIII miniature photos.


Remember there are no mistakes only happy accidents.

Till next month Skal!

9 comments:

  1. Great job Robert! (And those shields, AWESOME!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are looking great. Your paint has a really nice clean look but with a lot of character and liveliness. Those shields turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love some classic dwarves. Great colour scheme and the shields are killing it! Looks especially striking with the backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flipping quality!
    The shields are awesome, and I'm looking forward to seeing your month 2!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shields. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good dude, totally love the backdrop painting too, need to make me one of those at some point...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb! The inspiration for the colour scheme is spot on and the back drop and scatter terrain is really making these sing! Top stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent job and nice color choice! These are the works that may make me wanting a dwarfs army ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog