Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Sam's Savage Orcs - The one with thoughts of Hawaii (194pts)

So to sum up how my painting went this month, it was something along the lines of “fuck it, it’s still February in Honolulu, right?!”



Due to some unforeseen circumstances I was pretty much only in my house for about 7 days this month, and I had to work late most of those catching up. None of which makes for a particularly productive painting schedule. So queue the last Friday and Saturday of the month and I’m staring at 11 rather unimpressive white undercoats, not an ideal scenario to say the least. But thank’s to the wonders of Hawaii (I assume it’s wonderful I’ve never been, certainly looks nice though), and most especially their glorious time zone, here I am once more.

This month is a bit of a mixed bag, although all still all basically Perry twins Savage Orcs. The list:

Savage Orc Big Boss, Ad.HW (99pts)

5 x Savage Orcs, spear, shield (47.5pts)

5 x Savage Orcs, bow (47.5pts)

Total: 194pts
(just a teeny tiny bit short, please don't hurt me Overlord, I'll make it up I promise)


Wot!? Who nicked me shield!!?



Again not too much time for things I consider extras this month, but fingers crossed I should have a few more easygoing months to get my painting done. Similarly, you may have noticed I haven't managed to correct the pic taking issue yet, although I feel they came out alright-ish this month, but I'll work on that as well over the next few months. I also found out right at the last minute that I'm two shields short, bugger! So I have to go and scour around for those 😭

On a positive note I found the last bow sculpt on evilbay, for an average price and purchased it up. Plus I also got the last three stone troll sculpts I needed, so the collection is complete and in the painting queue for rest of the challenge, woohoo!

Anyway Feb is done, so now to take some time looking at everyone else's sweet contributions

Sam

8 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful green color you have on your orcs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bunch of the savage orcs from the 90s. Not nearly as cool as these. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, look at the luminosity!
    Amazing job for two days work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Lots of green loveliness...whats not to like 🤷‍♂️ great job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see these painted mate and in such a tight time frame too. Great effort buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some really nice greenies there! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very classic looking Orcs there. They came out looking fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A month of ups and downs, but I'd say you did brilliantly well to turn all those out in short order and still get that lovely vibrant green skin tone I'm enjoying so much :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog