Thursday, April 2, 2020

Mike's Might Dwarven Throng of Karak Blargh March (640pts)

Well March is upon us and like many I spent the last week working from home while Nurgle's pestilence spreads across the land (I am assuming that it is obligatory for every challenger to make Nurgle or Skaven plague reference this month right?). So for this month I started strong and got a good start the first week. Then with everything going on I only worked for a few minutes here or there because I couldn't find the motivation. But the last few days I got a renewed sense of enthusiasm and finished off this months entry.

First off I started the month off with one of the oldest miniatures I own, the venerable Ral Partha dwarf/gnome steam cannon which is fielded as my flame cannon.


Sadly lacking its full crew, but at least the remaining guy has a fez! Originally the sculpts on the gun shields were in color, but I re did the whole front because I was not happy with how it looked. It's a great old sculpt but points wise not very expensive. So I decided to round it out with the general and standard models for my list, which took less time than I thought so I figured I could add another hero to the list. This allowed the esteemed dwarf brewer Josef Bugman to join up with the models I painted earlier as crossbows.



I am rather happy how these three came out and I even found the time this afternoon to add a quick banner I sketched out and painted.

Looks much better from table top distance

So this month is done with 640pts total, and on to April and even more time sitting home staring at models that need paint.

9 comments:

  1. 640 points! Steaming ahead! Love the Bugman :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love that model. Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. That war machine is amazing!! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Digging your dwarves. Great work. I had never even thought of using the Ral Partha cannon. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dwarf minis that got me hooked on Warhammer back in the day. Your doing a great job and I like the banner

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're doing d dwarves, these are the dwarves to do. Great job 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the panels/shields on the front of the cannon the way you ultimately did them. Looks very appropriate and "dwarfy." Nice/classic selection of heroes as well!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog