Tuesday, May 26, 2020

AdamH’s Month of rest – (239.5 Points)

“Our time together grows short, it seems like just yesterday you stumbled drunkenly into my warren looking to make a name for yourself, now you barely cling to life; I expect to see the last of my brood come forth.

Well I have a treat for you this day, you will get to meet my chief gnasher, the claws and teeth of my army as well as a few more familiar friends, and who knows, if you manage to live long enough you might just get to see one of my crowning jewels.”

So this was the month I thought I would take a bit of a break, I decided to paint a couple of high cost models (three of them in fact that compromise ¾ of the monthly total) however half way through the month I thought I should also probably get started on the pile of Slaves that were waiting for me. So in the end what was supposed to be a low model count month ended up being just as high as all of the others.

We start once again with a few more Gutter Runners, taking my total to ten and a decent unit size to harass warmachines and lone characters on the battlefield:


Also, this month sees another Warpfire thrower, the first of my high point cost models designed to give me a bit of a rest. Although after taking this picture I saw a few areas I missed so I will have to go back and tidy them up before I varnish this one:


Next for the units is again more Slaves, 15 of the blighters making a dishevelled 37.5 points… I have the scheme somewhat down after last month which meant that actually these didn’t take me as long as I thought they would, although I do find their lack of details or colours, part of what makes them slaves, also makes them quite dull to paint. In a 2,000 point army I would probably want to field at least two units of 20 of these so I still have a few more to paint if I expand this army:


And finally, only the second Character choice to appear in the army, a Warlord General. He is technically the lord choice/leader of this force although I believe his strings are being pulled behind the scenes by someone else. Unfortunately, I don’t think we are going to get to meet that particular puppeteer during the challenge but who knows what next year will bring. Anyway, onto the model, classic Skaven sculpt this that I tried to bring a bit of extra colour with some poisoned wind globes, which were also practice for something a little…. larger that may just roll onto the scene soon:


To summarise, this month’s entry is:

Gutter Runners x3, Additional Hand Weapons, Throwing Stars [42]

Warpfire Thrower [70]

Skvenslaves x15 (Inc. Musician) [37.5]

Warlord [90]
  
Total – 239.5 points


After taking these pictures I put the models away in my small carry case and discovered I have actually now almost completely filled it with painted rats. A great feeling indeed but also means I need to buy more storage.

We are in the final stretch now, just one more to go (technically I have now passed the challenge goal however I like to try and make a big splash in the final month so I am not going to rest until the brood mother sings!

Best of luck to everyone in these last few weeks and I hope all you following along at home are still safe and sound.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! (and oooooh that general!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice globes on the general. The only part funny part of this month's paint job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! They all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking gutter runners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The globe's really sing out against the rust and yellow - he looks flipping sweet. What've you used for the square blocks? Sugar cubes for rats 🙈? But yeah, it just pulls me back to how good I think the old skaven weapons teams look. Real nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on completing an OWAC Skaven force! An achievement not to be underestimated! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing that you have finished already....and doing Skaven! Got to echo the compliments on those globes - Wish i could get that sort effect when I try it :-(. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressive work on the globes of the warlord! Go #teamskaven!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to see the skaven force completed. This year has been a good one for the rats. Like the ragged look on the slaves, the nice greenish toch on the gutter runner blades and the orbs of the general.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good shit dude, glad you made it through the slog. Absolutely love the yellow and shiny green, real old skool vibes. Going to enjoy when we get to face off again

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done! The first of #teamskaven to pass the finish line!
    Great work on everything! The slaves unit looks super - the palette is spot-on.
    Those warpstone details of the general really pop out - a suitably impressive leader of the pack!
    Looking forward to see what you pull out the hat for the final month, and to see everything together!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog