Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Sam's Savage Orcs - the one where the mojo was almost lost, but pre-shame shaming pulled us through (390pts)

Okay, so not going to lie, finishing off the savage orcs last month was a slog. So much so that I needed a break, which turned into pretty much the whole month of me being extremely un-arsed to pick up a paint brush. And in fairness, it was quite nearly the end of the line for me, I just knew if I Mulliganed one month before the end of the challenge whilst completely demotivated, it would be a Cyril Sneer dive straight into the Field of Bones. Thankfully, a little pre-shame shaming and probably the best models I've yet painted in either challenge saw me through to the finish line.

So on to the list:

6 x Stone Trolls (390pts)


Da Rabble
"Oi! Wot you lookin' at?! Fink your all innocent like jus coz you a rock"
"Dere's defo somink ova dere, betta go bash it wiv me club, jus to be sure" 
"An he woz dis tall"
"Got dis one from KFC down da road bruv"
"I work out sometimes"
"Wot dis 'ammer? It woz a Christmas prezzie from me mum"


And didn't I just go out with a bang! I personally think these Perry twins Stone Troll sculpts are the most iconic models of the mid-nineties era in Warhammer. And even though I had fully lost my mojo, once I started painting them, it was a pure joy. Really well set up models, that were very easy to paint. So much so that I banged all six out in four evenings.

So that's that, it is finally done, an army has been fully collected and painted for the first time in my life. Okay so it took two years, two OWAC's and considerable shaming, but as I've been playing since I was ten, after 25 years it's a fucking win.

For the last month of the challenge, I've got a bunch of cleanup to do. Which is in the order of: making a banner, varnishing all this years entries and then laying down the static grass and tufts. After that it's a wrap on the army. And then we go rescue Ol' Grog from the clutches of Adam's Skaven (and give them a damn good trouncing in the process... well that's the idea at least).

Anyway well done to all who finished, some sweet armies were built. Looking forwards to all the wrap-up posts next month.

Samuel

11 comments:

  1. Holy guacamole! Great job, and congratulations!!!
    Such a sense of weight coming from the two handed club pose - their my favourites, although I love the eye of the troll glaring at his rock 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, those are wonderful trolls with fantastic paint jobs. I have always favored blue trolls too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent job on those trolls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great sprint to the finish line. Glad my pre shaming helped push you. Excellent work as your trolls are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these trolls. You've done a cracking job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stone the flamin' crows, these are beauts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! you really gave them a lot of character.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work! I agree these are very nice sculpts and a joy to paint

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on a major Hobby Achievement unlocked! And good luck against those Skaven, 2020 does seem to be their year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these Sam and we have to do a remote play someday if we can't meet up for a game. I look forward to seeing these in person.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog