Friday, December 3, 2021

Prism Power! (Lissanne's Second legion Rainbow Warriors) Introductory post


 First thing I should mention is I'm an absolute freak about the size of the figures matching the fluff.  In the original fluff, marines are supposed to be SITTING inside their terminator armor.  I can't abide the weenie terminators, I had even sculpted my own for personal casting use.  (You will see one of those in this challenge too) But now scale creep has made them a reasonable size! 

  Space Hulk!  I run Space Hulk at a couple of conventions, and will again after Covid.  There is a rather old series of Space Hulk scenarios that need 24 terminators to complete.  I would like to run this series of missions, alas,  I have only painted 7 termies.  But people and fate keep dumping terminators in my lap, so...I intend on painting as many of  the other 17 of 24 in this challenge.  And a few more.


Although it is an old school challenge, these are new school figs.  So our beneficent overlord has agreed to let me do them, as long as I include some old school surprises, some of which I have already planned.  What would an army of old school space marines be without a squad of (mostly) monopose old space marines.  Modified to fit the challenge, of course!  Followers of the OWAC may remember my love of doing lots of modifications! This OWAC is no exception!


Now these Terminators in the previously mentioned scenarios are all Rainbow Warriors, 2nd legion, one of the two redacted original legions.  (The other being Andy Chambers Valedictors (11th legion) who were a camo green epic army.) The Rainbow Warriors are from the planet Prism, and have a Primarch with a 7 letter name.  Let's call their leader Pavonia.


The Rainbow Warriors accept male and female applicants, but the Emperor, being a misogynous dick, does not. (However, it is the height of rudeness to ask a marine what their original sex was.) I never play (non-chaos) Space Marines for this reason, but for Rainbow Warriors I'll make an exception.
And I have swapped out the horrible man heads for better looking Sisters heads!

Here is the baggie brigade of primed terminators.  Since I paint piecemeal, it's just a field of mostly blue pieces atm.  Baggies keep them sorted.

Plus these aforementioned conventions are mission statement LBGQ friendly, and space marines are not, so the Rainbow Warriors are perfect!

Did you know, the Rainbow Warriors symbol is identical to the My Little Pony Wonderbolts symbol? So these are the Wonderbolters!  And they will all have Wonderbolt pony names!  Deal with it.

So... my goal is to paint as many of the 17 necessary terminators as I can,  and few more.  At least 20.   Bolstered by some old normal marines, and vehicle or two.  Why is this old school?  Did I mention I scratchbuild all my vehicles out of paper?  Like this properly sized rhino (because the official Rhinos, like the termies, are way too small!) Stay tuned... I am planning a big surprise too!


Go Prism Power!

GW body rhinos are tiny!  Here is the comparison.


Here are a couple of my chaos rhinos, so you can see what I'm going for.


And the points
Well space hulk has no points per se,  so I'll just use the 3rd edition points because it is handy and close enough to the others for government work.

Names to come
 
Leader Librarian- 200pts
20 Terminators- 42 pts each, for 840 pts (this will include a hero and chaplain, and several odd weapons, so an approximation)
10 Space Marines 15pts each 150 pts
(Decently sized) Rhino- a big 50 pts
A big surprise for Wild Card month, and maybe other surprises too!

That is already 1240 pts, so I'm not too worried about making a pt total.  I might tweak this a bit, but it is what I've planned.

BTW, as many OWACers may know, my Overlord offering is a prize painting of one of the winner's generals, so comes at the end of the challenge.  Good luck to everyone, and happy painting

9 comments:

  1. This is going to be fun - Terminators with pony names - brilliant! Kind of reminds me of Dana Howl's approach to the Space Sharks she painted in one of her videos XD

    Love the artwork on those Rhinos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great project,
    I’m looking forward to seeing your rainbow forces :)
    And those Chaos rhinos are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell yeah! Queer Rainbow Warriors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding. These are a Space Marine chapter and project I can get behind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing these painted, and the surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first painted marines were Rainbow Warriors so I am really looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic project and a great wild card for the OWAC. I can think of at least one member of my D&D group and fellow Oldhammer enthusiast who would LOVE to play MLP Space Hulk! :D

    Also, those Chaos Rhinos are sick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great force. Those scratch built vehicles are awesome. Looking forward to see your rainbow marines painted and to see that surprise. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog