Thursday, December 31, 2020

JamesP's Empire Army Part 2 - Intro

…and I’m back!

Here I am again at my second OWAC eager to complete my Empire army. But enough about me, let’s get to it. I’ll be adding this year’s entry to my entry of last year.


Upgrades:

3 Hohensknechtes – 111pts

·        Lance, Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Barding


Additions:

Olin: Level 15 Wizard – 155pts

·        Hand Weapon

23 Ersatzsolder – (champion, musician and standard) – 240pts - The Spirit Cleavers

·        Spear, Light Armour, Shield

Conrad Ortmann : Level 5 hero

·        Heavy Armour, Shield

23 Ersatzsolder – (champion, musician and standard) – 240pts - The Widow Makers

·        Spear, Light Armour, Shield

Helmer Voight: Level 5 hero

·        Heavy Armour, Shield

10 Bergjaeger – (champion) – 140pts

·        Longbow, Shield

 

Estalian Mercenaries:

Gregorio de la Cruz: Level 20 Hero (Mercenary Leader)– 113pts

·        Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Shield, Lance Horse

9 Estalian Caballeros – 198pts

·        Lance, Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Shield

18 Estalian Pike – 180pts (Nuln Landsknechtes used for cost and stats)

·        Pike, Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour

10 Estalian Bandolleros Gringos – 110pts

·        Arquebus, Hand Weapon, Light Armour


 I'll be using Warlord Games Defenders of Malta as Estalian Mercenaries. They size up well and have a dynamic pose that I like.

Coming in at a total of 100 pieces on the table and 114 minis to paint I have my work cut out for me. My plan is as follows.

Month 1 – 24 Spearmen

Month 2 – 24 Spearmen

Month 3 – 18 Pikemen

Month 4 – 10 Archers and 10 Hand gunners

Month 5 – 12 Cavalry

Month 6 – 2 Command


And here's the payment to the tax man

I’ll also be painting a FF1 Fiend during the challenge as an addition to our benevolent overlord’s collection.

I’ll provide a bit of fluff here and there as I love a bit of story to go along with my armies.

The stage is set.


Good luck to everyone and brushes at the ready!!

2 comments:

  1. That should be quite a sight once done! I admire your commitment and focus to complete the army!

    And thanks for the offering, perfect NPC for a RPG game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choice of colours for the longsword

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog