Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Jaeckel and the Lost Crusade - Conclusion

It's time to put an end to the forgotten crusade of Pieter the Pious.

My initial intent was to use the imperial miniatures unable to join my Pfeildorf army, and of course, I ended up buying a bunch of new models matching the religious theme of Pieter's band... I guess I'm lucky that clerics and monks are not the most sought-after oldies on eBay :/

Compared to the introduction posted last December, I've more or less stuck to my plan: armed civilians, knights, monks, hermites and beggars, plus the war altar borne by Pieter's worshipers. The only thing that I hadn't initially foreseen was the bell-cannon and its crew: when I saw a painted version of this war machine, I decided to buy one and include it in the crusade. All in all, it makes 66 models painted over a 6-month period, which is my personal best. Not sure I could have done this without the lock-down caused by Covid-19...

Anyway, enough talking, time for shooting!




Wait, who's the guy behind Pieter the Pious?


A last painting job concluding my OWAC: a little gift for the organizer/overlord. Thanks again, Iannick!





Almost forgot the final picture:


Do not hesitate to check my blog in the coming months: I have plenty of models waiting for joining the doomed crusade of Pieter the Pious.

Thanks for the encouragements, and congratulations to all the challengers who finished this 3rd edition!

21 comments:

  1. WOW! I love the figure, thank you!!

    That's a fantastic looking army, with a strong central theme and colours scheme. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks again for organizing the OWAC. Without it, I don't think I would have been able to paint this in such a short period.

      Delete
  2. Great theme from the start and you carried it through wonderfully! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the theme. I still have some unreleased warrior priests to paint for this band...

      Delete
  3. Absolutely stunning. Top draw stuff from start to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing little army. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything about this army is fantastic!! Theme, painting, presentation...And it can ally with my Empire army. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. c'est fantastique!! (i've run out of words in english and as Welsh probably won't mean anything to you, i'll revert to my very limited French) Inspirational as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work. That centerpiece was a great conversion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could have spent more time on it to damage the statue, but thanks anyway!

      Delete
  8. Excellent work: it really remind me the ones of crusades! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work! Congrats on the new army!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exquisite from start to finish. Such a strong theme, so well executed. This army really is a star of OWAC III.

    I take my hat off to you sir.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing painting, from start to finish. I really enjoy the added details like the candles, and the way the color palette ties all of the diverse figures together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely magnificent work! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been a huge fan of your painting style since the Oldhammer Forum days. I'm in awe that you were able to get this challenge completed to such a high standard. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! This is a top-notch army at every level. The conversions are subtle, but effective, the colour palette is spot-on and really makes a cohesive army, and the painting excellent, especially considering the number of models. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog