Sunday, July 5, 2020

And the Wing Hussars Arrived (200 pts)

I didn't think I'd be putting up a June post. My father had a medical issue and I had to drive to Florida to help out. It was a little crazy with the Pandemic. I am self quarantining since come back from a state that saw a sharp spike in new infections. That was a plus and a minus. Anyway, on to the painting.

I had 2 units worth of Winged Lancers I could paint. One I bought off ebay painted and one unpainted. There was no way I was painting 2 units, so I stole the wings off one unit and added them to the other. What's better than Winged Lancers? Winged Lancers with Double the WINGS!!!

Getting them glued on proved to be a bit of a challenge. I had to dremel out a huge hole in their backs and I made a little triangular wedge with green stuff to hold the Wings together at an angle.



Once the wing problem was solved I could dive into the painting full force. So on the last day of the last month I cranked out these bad boys.




Points,
5 Winged Lancers with full command 200 points.

And done,
Cheers, Xin/Jeff

6 comments:

  1. A noble end! The look great with 2 wings, BTW! Definitely worth the bother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double wings = Double attacks, right!? They look great :D

    Sorry to hear about your Father, I hope the painting gave you a break from the stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Double wings - flipping sweet!
    I'm sorry to hear of your father, all the best from Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great unit. Looks so imposing 😳 a fine way to finish the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Double wings look great. The unit looks great in general.

    If you ever decide to paint that second unit, you may be able to get some more wings from one of the historical miniatures companies.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog