Thursday, December 31, 2020

PaulM's Chaos - The Tallyband of Ruination


Hello youse.

So, it's finally here; my first OWAC!

Like a few others, I have what we'll term 'second-hand nostalgia' for the days of old. Being that WHFB 3rd Ed. and I are of the same vintage. So though I have always been attracted to the Oldhammer style, it was not a world in which I lived, having entered the hobby in the midst of its Red Period in the mid '90s (specifically, towards the end of 4th edition) and dropping out towards the mid-point of 7th. 

Regardless I have decided to throw my hat in the ring with a small Chaos retinue, using the the Warhammer Armies supplement for 3rd Edition. The armylist for which can be seen below:


I imagine the army being very much a raiding force, striking out from the dark forests of the Empire to pillage and burn unsuspecting villages and towns. Though the background is still a very much  work in progress the rough outline regards the fall from grace of the famed Doktor Hydigger, a lay member of one of the Empire's Knightly Orders and educated man of physic and the results of his dabbling with warpstone in aid of finding a cure for a plague sweeping the villages of Talabecland.  

The Miniatures are a mix of Ral Partha (of various ages), Games Workshop and Heartbreaker. As you can see, I've not done so well with the prep. Having intended to have them all cleaned up and undercoated before the KO...but at least they're based. 

Colours wise I'm looking to go for a muted palette, though they're ostensibly followers of Nurgle I'm trying to avoid too much green as I've just completed a green and yellow VC army. 


The army is lead by Kagan the Hollow, former Knight of the Empire and his band  the Hollow Lords (Chaos Champion & 14 Chaos Marauders - 671pts)


These are accompanied by The Flyblown (5 Marauder Horsemen - 225pts) The flyblown themselves being invisible currently...as they're getting cut to pieces to have some slight conversions.


Frak'gor Brakentusk leads The Wormsore (Lvl 10 Beastman Hero & 19 Beastmen - 300pts)

The Retch Twins follow the band of raiders around, feeding on their leavings...and the odd beastman (2 Trolls - 130pts)

Always looking for a scrap, and the spoils that come after, Korrag's Kompany accompany the Tallyband as long as the meat keeps coming (3 Ogre Mercenaries - 114pts)

Unfortunately the famed Doktor Hydigger (Lvl 5 Beastman Shaman - 110pts)  himself and his pet Jabberwock Filthbite (200pts) are not ready for the limelight as of yet. So no pictures of them for the moment. 

As for the Overlord's offering, I propose the below as tribute:

Though if the Overlord Prefers I have a Halfling-Zombie-Michael Jackson for his Undead?

Lastly, a call for help: you'll note that the beastmen are lead by the Bestigor command group, this is by necessity unfortunately as the proper command group I ordered went missing in the Christmas post. So if anyone has one at a reasonable price (circa £15) and is willing to part with it I would be interested. 

2 comments:

  1. Can I have both? ;-) Or keep that Zombie for next year, but I do want it!

    That's a lovely project. I always like those Chaos projects with lots of conversions and originality. And welcome to the madness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting stuff, I look forward to seeing their progression to true deviance!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog