Thursday, December 31, 2020

Slaaneshchild's flesh corrupters

Hi there, so as far as I know, I will be "the french guy" of the group :)

My name is Laurent (nickname Slaaneshchild) and I have collecting miniatures since I was 7... so 31 years ago. I started WHFB with dark elves with the 4th ed and little by little I met eternal damnation as I discovered Slaanesh's sweetest pleasures.

I have always been fascinated by the famous Realm of Chaos books and I continued to paint/build my armies in this spirit. I stopped once, in 2010, sold everything, and then restarted 5 years later :D Anyway I don't regret it as I think I evolved a lot in my painting approach.

If you want to have a look to my old collection, feel free to visit this page. Some of you might remember it. Visit Slave to Darkness page.

So 5 years later, same people, same friends, same games (WHFB 4th ed and W40K 2nd ed) and same.... army/project. Now I have decided to stay focus on Slaanesh only. No lapse in concentration. All hail the Dark Prince !!

If you want to have a look to my new blog, you will discover my new minis. 

Please enter "Le Lupanard de Slaaneshchild".

Thanks to the lockdown in 2020, I had the opportunity to finish my Emperor's Children army and my Dark Elves/Cult of Slaanesh army. As we are starting a new year, I decided to join you with my endless army... my Chaos army of Slaanesh :)

I already have a lot of things but the Oldhammer Army Challenge is a great opportunity to finish many things I had in my mind/desk. Thank you Iannick for accepting me :)

The project:

This time I want to pay attention to "side characters". One thing I love in the 3rd ed are battle baggage train and war altars. To me it is a unique opportunity to give strong personality to your army. So for this army, I want to put them at its very core. Not just "something nice beside your army". I want to do the opposite. 

Slaaneshi warriors are hedonists. They don't really care about fighting, especially based on usual standards. So main characters will be on baggage wagons and war altar and the army will be their minions/champions.

A bit of background:

The dreadful champion of Slaanesh was impaling the last slave in the entrance. After 6 long nights of nightmarish pleasures, all prisoners captured were killed. Their dismembered bodies were scattered everywhere in the "play ground". His rapturous tongue was desecrating what they were before, "one last time, just for me" he was thinking.

Saarh'adonis was extracted from his reverie by a very familiar moan. Laying on a sliver fainting couch, a young lady, not older than sixteen springs was beholding herself in a mirror : 

"Minions !!! Amuse me ! How poor I am. All my toys are broken. " - sighed the Lady 

As she spoked, the infamous statue on the altar started to animate itself.

"Yes, yes, yes, we need more flesh !" Its voice was echoing in the entire room.

As a single man, all the Slaaneshi followers kneeled before the altar and the Lady.

"It shall be done. For the Lady, for the Dark Prince !" 

Little by little, they left the room, ridding their mounts of horror, following their Champion, to seek entertainment and victims...


To me Oldhammer is more a spirit, an atmosphere than "just" old miniatures. My vision of Chaos and Slaanesh in particular is baroque and grotesque, as it was in the Realm of Chaos. This small army will try to embody this spirit: warriors, daemons, sacrifies, slaves and debauchery.

I am not 100% sure of  the content yet but basically it will be :

- Saarh'adonis, Champion of Slaanesh, Favorite of the Lady : Chaos Lord on Spinned Dragon

- 12 Chaos Warriors

- 6 Chaos Knights riding Slaanesh Mounts (mounts are waiting to be stripped)

- 12 Slaangors/ or maybe 12 Cultists



- 6 Chaos Knights / Or maybe the mighty Keegox

- The Palaquin of Flesh, a palanquin of slaves/cultists bearing the infamous Wet Nurse, it will count as a war altar

- The Throne of the Lady, a custom baggage wagon made with Sauron's Throne and an entire ground of naked slaves

- I might add another baggage wagon full of caskets, chest, offerings and other treasures and some slaaneshi daemons laying on it, will see how it goes :)... and some fantastic scenery !

I hope you will like it as much as I love preparing it !

My overlord offering: nothing more better than the mighty Warhammer himself !! 






9 comments:

  1. Great selection of figures! I love the scenery and bagage wagon.

    And thanks for the offering, love that pink, my favourite colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!! I started with Slaanesh daemons back in the 80s and still have the army. Good luck my daemonic brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you !! Do you have some pictures or a link please ? I would love to see some inspiration from daemonic legion in the 80s !

      Delete
  3. More pink! I myself have done an exceptionally debauched wet nurse (according to others). Don't stint on the bodily fluids! Go Slaanesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah I am glad to see another worshipper of vilest creatures like the Wet Nurse !

      Delete
  4. Oooh, I love your other projects. Keen to see how you get on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Goblin Paladin :)
      I am getting started !

      Delete
  5. Ah a man after my own heart - baggage trains are the best thing about an army! I've always been surprised not to see more Kingdom Death miniatures in Chaos armies so great to see the Wet Nurse - look forward to seeing what you do with it! All the best to you too Chaos buddy!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog