Thursday, December 31, 2020

Merijn's Chaos Dwarfs

 The best part of the fourth edition for me was how flamboyant it was. Everything was just that bit more over the top, the colours, the sculpts. I loved it and I still do. And who embodies that flamboyance better than the chaos dwarfs and their giant hats?

2020 has been a crazy year. I ended up dropping out of the last OWAC quite early and even this year my entry comes in at the very last moment. Half my army is still without bases but mailman hasn't come through yet.

2021 still looks like a mystery so I figured I'd keep this OWAC modest to make sure I wouldn't have to drop out again. Those ornate hats can be a pain to paint after all. The nice thing about chaos dwarfs is that half their army consists of greenskins so really a lot of units can pull double duty.

So without further ado, this year I'm painting a modest 1007 point segment of a larger chaos dwarf army I'm using for the 9th age.

We have:

  • A sorcerer general on a lamassu (259 points)
  • 10 blunderbusses (140 points)
  • 10 blunderbusses (140 points)
  • 12 allied squigs and a herder (248 points)
  • 5 goblin spider riders acting as hobgoblin cavalry (70 points)
  • 2 death rockets with their crew still in a bath of paint stripper (150 points)
For a total of 1007 points.

And since I so rudely robbed our overlord of his tithe the first time around, I'm offering up two models this time:

A night horror werebear from my previous army and a nightmare legionnaire.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the spider riders!

    And thanks for the offering, one can never have enough monsters!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog