Thursday, March 11, 2021

Quin’s Lizardmen of the Black Marsh - The Holy Ruler (292 Points)

 <Leader Month>

Ioth Ssissith 

The brood king looks down from his throne of gold and velvet upon the throng of lizards amassed before him on this day, 


“I want to tell you 'bout Chaos Waste radio and the big beat

Comes out of the Lustrian swamps

Cool and slow with plenty of precision

With a back beat narrow and hard to master. Some call it heavenly in its brilliance

Others, mean and rueful of the Western dream.

I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft

We have constructed pyramids in honor of our escaping

This is the land where the Pharaoh died.” 


With the inspiring words of the brood king resonating in the earholes of every lizard they marched triumphantly on, carving their path of destruction, led by the Holy Ruler of Umbraxakar’s army, Ioth Ssissith.



This month I decided to take a break from my rank & file and work on a larger model. The mount for my general is another Tom Meier sculpt from Ral Partha. I was able to clip the rider up a bit to make his pose work, and I think it turned out well! Since I’ve got quite a bit of this month remaining I’m planning on using my “free” time to convert some extra lizards into musicians & standard bearers. 





Point Values:

Ioth Ssissith the level 25 Warbiter on cold one (292)

13 comments:

  1. In the gentle hills around reptiles abounding,fossils, caves, cool air heights. I love the Lizard King!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Man, I'd be so nervous of breaking something irreversibly or leeching unsightly indents, so kudos for the bravery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’d suggest just going for it if you want to! I can’t tell you how many times I f***ed up putting this fella together. Let’s just say he is missing a good chunk of both his arm and leg lol XD

      Delete
  3. Very cool! That's a great model I had completely forgotten about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice conversion of the warrior with axe from the Tom Meier box set, I presume? I might have to try someting similar, after seeing yours. To give a little variation to the standard poses within my own force. Well done, sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep- the same. And thank you! Since there were only two cloaked figures in the set, early on I’d decided they were going to be used as my hero models. I’ve got a good pile of them missing weapons & arms so many more conversions to come.

      Delete
  5. Lovely old RP figure. Gotta love Tom Meier sculpts. Lovely painting and conversion as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love all of Toms work- I’m thinking some Tom Meier trolls in the next project.

      Delete
  6. Awesome !! Yes I repeat myself, sorry ! :)
    It looks huge ! It is "only" a cold one ? Wonderful work anyway !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Yeah it is a pretty large cold one I’m just not quite sure what else to “count as” :) the base is 40mmx80mm

      Delete
  7. Nice to see a Ral Partha Land Dragon with some paint on - great job! They are such delicate little minis the conversion work on your General must have been very fiddly. I too have a fair number of these lizardmen with broken and ankles and wrists.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great minis and a very nice bit of conversion work! The paint job fits really well too.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog