Saturday, April 3, 2021

Blue's Orc Boar Boys...Rank and File Month 3! (167 pts)

 Hi all,

Another Rank and File month for this month...the mounted WWAAAGGGHHH!!! grows yet more.

This month I have six new Boar Boys one of which is a standard bearer.  We have three from the hand weapon unit and three from the spear armed unit.  Sadly the package with the shields for these guys is still in transit so they are lacking for the moment. (I have not counted the shields in their points total)

All the riders this month are actual Marauder Boar Boys, sculpted by Trish Carden...except the standard bearer who is a converted Citadel infantry model. He came to me already cut (a little sloppily) to fit on a boar and he is a great figure so I'm going with it!  The Standard in this case is more of a totem of "da Iron 'ard Bull" or "ol' Nick" as the Ladz call him. 

Group shots



 Individual shots 

 






Points:

  • 3 Snortas w/spears (no shield)  75 pts
  • 3 Gruntas w/hand weapon and Standard (no shield) 92pts
  • Total: 167 pts

Next Month I think I'll be back with one more even larger group of Rank and File before I turn to My Hero Month for May...and hopefully something special to wrap up the challenge in June!

Stay the course ladz!! we are half way through!!

 Cheers for now!!

Blue

12 comments:

  1. Superb work Chris and that standard bearer model is great - love the totem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great looking bunch of Boar Boys! Really like the totem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant painting, there are many muted browns, but you make them work together very well - not an easy thing to accomplish. Also any chance to share your green skin recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see a detailed description here: https://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/2020/03/goblin-skin-technique.html

      Delete
  4. Great work Chris, love the totem guy especially!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jez, I thought I had a few green skins, inspiring stuff sir. After this challenge is done - I may have to have another go at my green skin lead pile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool orcs as always! They've such an smooth paintjob that they reminds me of looking a collection catalogue each time I see one of them in the daily timeline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oueff, way to hold the line and plough through the cavalry! I really have a soft spot for downwards pointing horns on helmets :) Great work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always impressive. I'm running out of nice things to say!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog