Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Paul D/ Golgfag1's April's contingent - Heroes and Wizards (1186 points)

March found me with plenty of time on my hands to plough on with my efforts to give Mr Beales a run for his money, all due to Covid19, inclement weather and having to take holiday entitlement - found me completing my initial intentions, thus I posted a good week in advance of the end of the month.  Following the March post and a little light hearted banter between myself and Mr Beale, I decided rather than take a break over April, I'd push on with the next contingent of wizards and Heroes and then go off and do something else. 

 First up, a Colossal Lord lord from Grenadier  Miniatures  - Cassandra https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tpope/sol/grenadier/images/3304.jpg 


 I wasn't sure on the colour schemce so plumbed for classic Wonder woman, be it Linda Carter or Gal Gadot - red, white and blue, where I could, with bronze armour (vambrace and pauldrons) and a chainlink hauberk. I apologies now - the miniature is from a time when attitudes were different, but I'm not a revisionist and accept it for what it is.





Quite happy with the way she turned out, will be using her as a giantess for a steady two hundred points.

Next up a few low level wizards, Original Citadel C series Sisterhood novices/Initates, classing these as Warhammer third edition, level fives' at sixty points each - for three hundred points.


Next up a Sisterhood Mage, I'll class her as a level fifteen wizard for one hundred and fifty five points.

The mother Samatha figure's rather nice, so I'll run for another level fifteen wizard for another one hundred and fifty five points.


 I've also dabbed a little paint over four nobles, I don't have enough of these to form a regiment so will be using them as champions for my other units at thirty points each, giving me another hundred and twenty points.



Last, but by no means least, the Goddess Rigg, now I'll be honest I consider this figure the worst of the C series Amazonian figures and thus I'm not inclined to use it as such, so am simply going to class it as a female ogre champion, for a minimal two and fifty six points (I intend to expand this idea latter in the challenge, with a contingent of female ogres!).

Finally a group shot all varnished and based to match the previous months contingents.

Next month - cavalry and beasties

8 comments:

  1. I love the army, but are you painting every female fantasy figure you own then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to know they're being appreciated. By the end of June I should have the majority of my female fantasy figures with a dab of paint applied and be added to the ranks.

      Delete
  2. There's always that one kid handing their homework in early ;)

    Nice work bud and always nice to see more Amazons painted up - you must have quite an army of the original C30 ones by now?

    The Giantess is quite the statement - you must be running out of flesh coloured paint by now? Great work though and an interesting variation to the usual Amazonian troop types!

    I'll have to white knight you about the Goddess Rigg though. Fancy relegating her to female ogre status! She's a lovely lady - The pose is a little lacklustre admittedly but she sports some fine apparel! I guess love is in the eye of the beholder - either that or I was picturing her name sake when I painted her ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, I'm hitting the hundred mark for actual C series, making up the numbers with Celtos, Foundry and other odds and sods.
      Yes, the giant is a good inch or two above my usual giants, but this one brings my count up to three.
      As for the goddess she looks better painted, but still doesn't hit the mark for me, I'm afaid. Anyway watch out for May, her ogre sisters are coming for tea!

      Delete
  3. The wonder woman inspired model is great and you did a really nice job with her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I didn't make a good job, the right eue was slightly mishaped, so have re-painted them, much happier with the result.

      Delete

Search This Blog