Monday, May 17, 2021

Lissanne's Eldar- I'd like to teach the World to Sing (200 pts)

 


Defense of the Maiden World part 5
(Leader month)

And who better to defend the Maiden world itself than the world in the person of the Worldsinger Yavanna in her War Aspect.  She turns the planet itself against the attackers!  All creatures obey her wishes, and the plants themselves bloom in her wake and rise to the attack.

Since no Worldsingers figures are available, I used a Farseer figure and her mount is a Ral Partha TSR Wyvern modified to better match the Exodites.  In the fluff, Worldsingers are supposed to be innocent and passive, but really!  Tsunamis, volcanos, hurricanes, tidal waves, the world is fully capable of attacking!  This one is covered in art inspired by Roger Dean, which hopefully is understandable.  The back of the cloak is based on a painting he did for Close to the Edge 2.  His art has a very Eldar feel, it is fantastic but very natural, and I wanted her predominantly pale blue with leaf green and white.  Roger Dean's Winter inspired the art for the rest of the figure.



And since I didn't show the unpainted figs at the start of the challenge, here they are.


  I had my heart set on something like forsythia on the base, because that means spring to me.  But I could not find them online, so I mocked up some of my own.  Hopefully I didn't make a mashup of it.  And more foliage, as I wanted to have nature bursting out of the ground in the Worldsingers path.  And of course lots of pink!

  You can't fool Mother Nature!

Here follows a photo bombing with the photography skills I could muster..






Worldsingers are in the fluff, but have no figure and no stats.  I just wanted to do one, and she obviously should be a leader.  Do I count her as a farseer on a 'jetbike'?  An Exodite Leader?  I think I'll just take the 200pts and not worry.
So- World Singer Yavanna 200pts


With this, I have successfully completed the OWAC IV challenge....BUT...

Next month- Wild card!  And I hope to go really wild!  I've already started my June painting.

18 comments:

  1. Great job. Good to know you've started June's task, seeing the results of May I look forward to the conclusion of your endeavour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Lissanne- the basing is magnificent and I love the wyvren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great leader ! Love the cloack. Must have been hard but the result is here. Like also the drake and flowers. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful model! The flowers are amazing, great contrasting colours with the lovely cloak, too. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, that base is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for your kind comments! So many great armies here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how fabulous she looks! Brilliant stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! Love the cloak, and the whole vibrancy of the piece. It,s the kind of stuff I expected (and hoped for) when I created the Leader month

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! The base is fantastic, and linking it to the model via the staff is inspired :) I really like that the worldsinger is on a mount, I did not expect that - and it is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea using the foliage to come up and around the spear. You really created a unique and beautiful hero to lead the Eldar. Go Team Eldar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You exodites have come together amazingly good. The leader fits perfectly the pastel colours of the other ones. The conversion is lovely, and the dragon seems to come from a sudden "eruption" of flowers. Go Team Eldar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, I love this. Everything the base, the mount, the cloak, the inspiration (you captured the Roger Dean vibe!) Looking forward to your June entry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow ! I almost missed it ! Marvelous leader indeed ! I love the painting, anfd your base is ace !! Wonderful work ! Can't wait to see them all together !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work Lissane! I love the addition of the flowers to the spear and the art on the cloak is fantastic - lovely job on the basing too. I've been wondering what your dino's and their verdant hair-do's have been reminding me of. I thought it was the dragons from Ghibli's Earthsea movie but they look more spiky. I guess Haku from Spirited Away has green hair so maybe that's what I was thinking of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I saw the subdued yellow and green color scheme on the net and shamelessly copied it. I did want feather-hair on my velociraptors and wyvern, so green. I forgot Haku has green hair!

      Delete

Search This Blog