Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Ratwig's OWAC Command Submission (200 points)

This is my Command submission for OWAC IV. Mox Mox is a level 20 Hero mounted on a cold one. He has been modified by cutting off his head, removing the face from the helmet and re-attaching the helmet so that it is now in the fully forward position instead of the pushed back so you can see his face position. I like how it turned out. Mox Mox is carrying a Gripping Beast shield. The cold one also received a replacement head with the mouth open instead of the closed mouth one originally on the fig.    

1 x Level 20 Dark Elf Hero - (168 points base)- Total: 194                                                                                                Equipment:  Hand weapon, Heavy armor (+3), Shield (+1), Cold One (+22)                                  





 Mox Mox was promoted to contingent commander after I realized that I would not be able to complete the troops I was painting for my last rank and file submission due to work insanity. The only way I could avoid ending up in the field of bones!

 I need a Jack or six now...

 Ratwig out.

14 comments:

  1. More dinosaurs great! Good luck with next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, nice conversion, and really well executed. Those Jacks were well-earned!
    Good luck with the work madness for next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much! I'm hoping I can get the next installment done quick while no one at work is watching. Hitting the pile of bones at the end of OWAC IV would be horrible!

      Delete
  3. Great yet simple conversion. Good luck next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will need all the time I can scrape up to get the last entry completed.

      Delete
  4. Great leader, what I hoped to get when I started the leader month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Just have to crank out the last rank and file post and I can breathe again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm amazed at hos easily you set to adapting these clasic miniatures to how you want them, well done sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Modifying minis was one of the things I used to love about reading in the old WD issues. The folks writing the articles were always chopping up figs to make something new or just different. I still like to do that even if it may horrify or offend current mini collectors.

      Delete
  7. Love your gritty looking Dark Elves - proper mean! I was interested by your name choices. Is Mox Mox referring to a famous chief of the Walla Walla tribe? Was another of your champions named after some antibiotics? Cracking names either way and love your conversion work too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been pulling the names from all over. Some are "bad words" in Korean and Thai, others are weird names from movies or books. Mox Mox came from "Lonesome Dove" of all places, the name of a bandit. I didn't know about that name being from a leader of the Walla Walla group and I don't live far from Walla Walla, Washington so I will have to research that one.

      Delete
  8. Seconding all the comments here, I love the conversion work - it looks like that's how it's always been. Mox Mox FTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am very happy with the way he turned out.

      Delete

Search This Blog