Thursday, June 3, 2021

Skal's Here I go again on my own! (260 points)

Rank & File #4



Here I go again on my own
Goin' down the only road I've ever known
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time
Here I go again on my own
Goin' down the only road I've ever known
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
'Cause I know what it means to walk along the lonely street of dreams

This month was fun. I really wanted to paint up one of my Armorcast Wave serpents for my Biel Tan force. One of the things that I wanted to do was make sure the turret portion could turn and be removed if I wanted to leave the wreckage of it on the table. The solution, magnets and boy did they work like a charm.






I ended up doing reverse style waves on either side of the front as it just felt right and I thought it looked cool. So that is what I ended up doing.

I also painted up another group of ten Guardians to bulk up my force a bit. I was super happy to get them done. I am thinking of using the hand carried heavy weapons and one other Guardian to represent heavy weapon platform teams.



So that is going to do it for this month.
Points wise the Wave Serpent comes in at 150 points and the Guardians come in at just basic points not counting the heavy weapons at 110 points. So 260 points for the month. Not bad.

Till next month

Here I go again on my own
Goin' down the only road I've ever known
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time

Skal

9 comments:

  1. Freaking gorgeous wave serpent! Go Team Eldar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! Super cool to see these armorcast models all painted up. (Think I’d only seen the bare resin before)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - super work on the Wave Serpent! Love those old RT Space Elves too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, that Wave Serpent is spectacular - a lot of good work done on that big, smooth, intimidating, what the hell do I do with this front end!

    Was Armorcast only a US thing, or a Journal thing? I somehow managed to completely miss their existence at the time, and I can only assume it's because my house didn't take the Journal...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, especially the Wave Serpent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing unit and you job in those armorcast vehicles is superb. Loving the difference in each side of the serpent. Go Team Eldar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. flipping flip the switch - lovely work! More pics....MORE PICS!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog