Wednesday, June 2, 2021

ZeroTwentythree's May Eldar Pirates (237 points)

Leader Month
 
I started May with the best of plans. May was going to be squad month #4. Hot off the last-minute completion of my April figures, I just kept painting the first few days of May and got half way through a new squad of five troops for May, and even completed the second murder-bot. But then work and personal stuff came up and weeks went by. Earlier this week I acknowledged that there was no way I could finish my goal, and the day before I left for a few days out of town I prepped and (barely) started painting two command figures.
 
I had initially planned for three command figures, but the third involves some kitbashing/sculpting and I wouldn't have time for that (and still haven't sketched out exactly how I want to do it.) So a lieutenant and champion would have to do -- plus the 'bot I had already finished. So here I am, back home for a couple of days before heading out on the road again, and I spent a bit of my holiday (Memorial Day here in the US) hiding out in my damp, funky cellar trying to paint a couple of figures before the deadline.

I had them planned out in my head -- the colors, etc. I could "see" them. I just needed to get the paint on them. The Prefector (lieutenant) is the most senior leader of the crew to be painted in the OWAC. I had planed on a lot of color for the pirate crew when I first started, but ended up limiting the number of colors on my squads of rank & file. I figured the characters in the could exhibit a bit more individuality (I'll post a separate pic of all of them together in my final wrap-up post -- provided I can complete my June entry in time and avoid the dreaded Field of Bones.) Tar'El, the prefector, should stand out but doesn't entirely break the color palette of the rest of the force. Kell, his aide/minstrel/Probati is a bit of a reference to the lone squad of Eldar I kept from my original RT era army. It was a squad painted black with flame colored accents, mostly with flame weapons. I happened to notice this time (having painted the original musician a good 20 years ago....) that the harp also has a pistol weapon on it.  I guess I'll have to call it a las-pistol, that's what he comes equipped with in the list. Cool little detail that I enjoyed discovering as I painted.
 
The second murder-bot of the crew is an executioner class ghost warrior, One-Arm. I don't have the energy to post my usual fluff in the form of a few lines of fiction/narrative, but the gist is that he lost one arm and had it replaced with a saw blade and is the BFF/nemesis of last month's Goblin. Inspired by my recent choice of reading material, which may be obvious to some who are not so behind in their fantasy fiction library as me. ;)
 
Click to enlarge!
 
So that means my last entry -- June, will be the rank & file # 4 that should have been done in May. Wish me luck. Falling in the Field of Bones in the final month would be embarrassing.
 
May's addition to the crew of the Cold September is...
 
Leader Month:.
Tar'El - Prefector (lieutenant)........ 94 pts.
Probati............................................. 25 pts.
Executioner Class Ghost Warrior... 118 pts.

May Total............ 237 pts.
Total so far........ 1,637.5 pts.

11 comments:

  1. You can do the last month! Go Team Eldar! Love the Murderbot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Those colour combos are spot-on. The orange and amber are so rich and really pop.
    Good luck with the last and final month! Can't wait to see them all assembled together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've got them all on a table, but separated on unit cards that I used to plan the project. I'm also anxious to see how they look all together in a more scenic setting/photo.

      Delete
  3. Great work. I LOVE the Ghost Warrior model. Go Team Eldar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so grateful to have the two ghost warriors for the OWAC. For whatever reason, I was never able to lay hands on those figures when I was younger.

      Delete
  4. I love your color scheme. Excellent entry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goblin and One Arm hmm, will there be a Silent too? Lovely painting again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not. At least not in ghost warrior form. (Unless I can sculpt or kitbash one.) Maybe a lone wraithguard? Or psyker? Silent seems the odd man (/mage) out among the three anyway.

      I have some further explanation of why I imagined a couple of ghost warriors as an analogy to Goblin & One Eye that I may still write out...

      Delete
  6. Great job, well done in not falling this month, and here's wishing you good luck for next! Your models look brilliant - my favorite here is the bot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the muderbot's camouflage and the Prefector's orange'turquoise combo but it's the musician's grey and beautifully blended harp who is my fave!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog